1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rudy G.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ShotGunWillie, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Chris L

Chris L New Member

Have any of you read Giuliani's book Leadership? Because if you haven't, and you really want to know where he stands on issues, read the book. He's not shy about stating his opinions.

Socially, he's liberal. (ALTHOUGH, the thing that sets him apart from people like Hillary is that if he were president, you would see less abortions taking place than if someone else were president. If you don't agree, check out his platform, and compare it to his record in NY.)

In most every other way, he's a conservative. He was actually a Democrat in his younger years, and then in his 20s became a Republican because he realized he agreed much more with their philosophy of government (small government, lower taxes, privatization, etc.).

A few facts on his record in NY City:
    --Cut welfare rolls by 60% from 1995 to 2001. Got jobs for 151,376 welfare recipients in 2001.
    --Student/teacher ratio fell from 15.3:1 in 1993 to 13.8:1 in 2001.
    --21,000 adoptions from 1996-2001 was a 65% increase over the previous 6-yr period.
    --From 1992 to 2000, child support funds collected increased from $159.5 million to $403.6 million.
    --Reduced or eliminated 23 city taxes.
    --Reduced taxes by a cumulitive value of $8 billion between fiscal years 1994 and 2001.
    --City tax revenue as a share of personal income dropped from 8.8% in 1993 to 7.4% in 2001.
    --1,946 murders in 1993, 642 in 2001.
    --Overall crime fell by 57%, shootings by 75%. 1,200 fewer rapes in 2000 than in 1993. Police shooting incidents down from 212 to 73. Robbery from 85,883 to 32,213. Burglary from 100,933 to 38,155.
    --Inmate-on-inmate violence in city jails fell 93%.

The list goes on for several pages...

Read the book, learn about him, check out his record for yourself, and you can make a strong case that, in a lot of ways, he would be the best leader for our country. Obviously, the social issues are going to be a problem for a lot of people. On top of those, I personally am going to have issues with his foreign policy.

Here's his platform:
    http://www.joinrudy2008.com/issues/

Note that he does not support gay marriage...and I don't think he likes cross dressing.

I don't know yet who I'm going to vote for, but I'd take Rudy over a whole lot of other candidates out there right now.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Not interested in taking the time to read the book. His views and record are quite clear enough to know he will never get my vote. If it be God's will, this liberal Republican will not get the nomination.

3. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

I agree there are none. Bush too is a globalist as is his father,and almost every president prior ,excluding Kennedy, McKinley and Lincoln funny though they were all assasinated...............
    But again there are none.

4. scripturesearcher

scripturesearcher New Member

Lincoln drenched the Constitution in so much Southern blood few people seem able to read it anymore.