1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rules and Context that you want newbies to read/know

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kathleenmariekg, Nov 21, 2020.

1. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was directed to read the following:

Definitions of KJV Only
    Definitions of KJV Only
    Eleven Simple Rules for Posting
    Eleven Simple Rules for Posting

If there anything else that anyone else would like me to read or know: rules, context, history, whatever?

I bought a folder tonight to keep notes about the forum. I consider it a privilege to be able to participate here, and I want to make best use of my time here to grow in the Lord and develop better fellowship skills. I printed out the above instructions and will review them as necessary. Thank you, to those who make this place possible and that took the time to prepare these instructions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many of the forums have sticky threads at the beginning of the Frum with forum-specific rules and guidelines.

3. kathleenmariekg

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you! I am reading some of them now.

When I click on "new posts", I do not enter the thread through the subforum page, and I missed many of these carefully prepared instructions. Sorry!

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't use the "New Posts" feature. I use the main forum and see the new posts in a different color.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. kathleenmariekg

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhh. I see!

I think I miss out on some context, when I use "new posts". A lot of thought went into how the forum is divided, and it really does matter where a thread is located.