1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Running water for baptism?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by abcgrad94, Dec 16, 2010.

1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Mar 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
    Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
    Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
    Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: Well for me I am glad I was baptized in a river. Nothing wrong in following in the steps of of Jesus.

2. InHisGrip

InHisGrip New Member

Check some primary sources and you will see that some early church (house churches) had rooms set aside for baptism.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just how wide is that brush you're using? From here, I can see it's pretty big and makes quite the mess.