1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rush Limbaugh: May Not Support GOP Nominee

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 23, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I wonder what GOP candidates he would support

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hasn't he been saying nice things about Romney?

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I'm not shocked, he has been hinting at this for quite some time. Here is an email I sent to Rush last week in response to something I read on his Web site:

I was reading your site today and found your commentary titled "The Era of Reagan Is Not Over". I agree with you that "Conservatism is a philosophy based on God-given natural rights."

You asked, "Where's the Russell Kirk?" , in the Politics of Prudence, Kirk directly spoke against the idea of spreading democracy all over the globe – specifically addressing the blowback problem. Which 2008 GOP candidate does that sound like?

You asked, "Where's the Bill Buckley?", The same Buckley who recently said, "One can't doubt that the American objective in Iraq has failed,". Buckley demonstrated second thoughts about the war after initially going along. Ron Paul opposed the war from the outset. Big-government projects, nation-building, altruism as foreign policy, and visionary crusades, conservatives recognize, are liberalism, not conservatism. Of greater importance, relying on such principles is a recipe for disaster--whatever their political genealogy.

You asked, "Where's the Milton Friedman of our day?" Here is what Ron Paul had to say about Friedman when he passed away, "The death of economist Milton Friedman last week at the age of 94 marks a great loss for advocates of freedom everywhere. He was perhaps the most successful free-market economist of the 20th century, in terms of his real-world impact on politics and policy. Many modern politicians, including Ronald Reagan, considered him a major influence in their careers."

You asked, "Where's the Barry Goldwater, the Ronald Reagan?" Barry Goldwater, Jr., son of the late former Republican presidential candidate and Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, has publicly endorsed Ron Paul, and is on the campaign trail with him. “America is at a crossroads,” said Mr. Goldwater. “We have begun to stray from our traditions and must get back to what has made us the greatest nation on earth or we will lose much of the freedom we hold dear. Ron Paul stands above all of the other candidates in his commitment to liberty and to America.”

“Leading America is difficult, and I know Ron Paul is the man for the job,” he added.

All of the GOP candidates have mentioned Ronald Reagan during the debates, Ronald Reagan had some great things to say about Ron Paul before he passed away:
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YyXW1hb-JQg

Ron Paul is the only Republican in this race who’s really fighting for the Reagan legacy (though the other candidates sure like to throw Reagan’s name around). Just compare the footage of Ronald Reagan at the following link to what Ron Paul has been saying: http://jgrubbs.blogspot.com/2008/01/two-rons.html

Thank you for everything you have done for the cause of conservatism in America, the fight is not lost, we just have to get behind the right statesman and patriot, and I believe that candidate is Ron Paul, whom I proudly cast my vote for today on my lunch break here in the Florida Primary "early voting".

Restoring the Republic!

Jonathan Grubbs
    Sanford, Fla.

5. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

Rush isn't endorsing anyone because there is not front runner yet. When one of the fellows get way out front Rush will jump on his band wagon.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Very good post. Paul will not get the nomination, and those who will range from very average to unacceptable. I would even take a Richard Nixon over this crop of candidates.

Rush Limbaugh's endorsement is like any other entertainer. Any informed voter will form his or her own opinion.

Again, very good and thought provoking post.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe you and Rush can pair up and push Giuliani through. Then you can go for Romney for VP.

8. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

Giuliani I'm voting for RUSH!

9. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Sorta. He's been defending Romney against what he sees as unfair media/political attacks.