1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Russia vs. UK - Place your bets

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by mnw, Jul 17, 2007.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

It looks like things are hearing up between the UK and Russia. The not-so-former KGB leader Putin is clever and seems to be forcing other nation's hands against him.

Here is a BBC article concerning recent events: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6902046.stm

Combined with their recent military move and breaking of treaties, it makes you wonder where we're headed. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6898690.stm

It probably is just more political posturing, but it is not healthy.

2. MrJim

MrJim New Member

I'd have to put my bucks on the Russians in a head to head~the Brits seem to have lost a lot of their starch in the past generation and the Russians are gettin' hungry.

Of course any involvement militarily and we'll be in there helping them out again. English are a funny bunch, but we gotta take care of the Scots and Irish:thumbs:

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Here is a great win win situation for the Brits. Have an exchange with Russia. They can send Britain the suspect and Britain can send Russia Prince Charles.

4. MrJim

MrJim New Member

:laugh: What would Putin do with him?:laugh:

5. Gideon

Gideon New Member

It's all a show - even if they do go to war. Britain has pretty much run the world for the last 190 years (the US keeled over in 1913). Russia was conquered for British interests in 1917. Russia remains in the "fold" even today. The "real" wars are those being fought to subjugate the Muslims. When major things happen in worlds affairs, look for British fingers in the pie.

I say this as a citizen in a Commonwealth nation, an Anglophile, and a Christian who believes that in the past five centuries God has worked more through the common classes of the British people and their descendants (Americans, Australians etc...) than any other racial group. Yet, facts are facts. The British elites are Satanic and they run the world.

6. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I love it! Of course, I would, I'm am Ulsterman (Scots Irish) and MNW is English :laugh:

7. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Sending Bonnie Prince Charlie to the Ruskies would be a much greater act of aggression than just sending their diplomats home.

8. mnw

mnw New Member

All right, I can only take so much. I ignored Mr Jim's comments to begin with, but now Ulsterman has weighed in...

The Scots are the ones with no fight left in them. They want to jump into the open arms (jaws) of Mother Europe and be swallowed into oblivion. The Nor'n Irish I guess are the only ones with as much fight as the English. As for the Welsh, well, ... :) Just kidding Welsh brethren and Sisterns who frequent the BB.

We may not go around flying flags, but once a line is crossed then we mean business, just look at the Falklands.

The way the world is set up it looks like any "Big" stand off would be the Brits/USA/Australia/Some European States vs. Russia/Iran/Many 'stans and probably most Islamic nations.

But, it probably wouldn't come to that.

And to send over Charlie, well, that would be an act of war...

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'd bet on the Brits. What kind of odds are they getting? :smilewinkgrin:

I must have missed the conquering of Russia in my world history classes. I'm really curious what color the sky is in your world.

10. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

That's an interesting perspective Gideon and I look forward to hearing more about this belief. Welcome to the board!

11. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Those events of history are long gone, and there are no lingering important effects.

Russia is not going to do anything militarily, but they may huff and puff, which is their nature. They'll be ready for the "big one" later.

12. Gideon

Gideon New Member

ccrobinson:// I must have missed the conquering of Russia in my world history classes. I'm really curious what color the sky is in your world.

You never studied the "Bolshevik" revolution? You are not aware of who financed Lenin and Trotsky and their fellow criminals? You are not aware of the role of Western armies in Russia from 1919-1921? You should probably ask for your tuition fees back.

Just curious, why did you only pick out the part about Russia in 1917? Do you agree with what I said about the US in 1913?

By the way, the sky is clear, very clear. How is it in your world?

13. Gideon

Gideon New Member

hillclimber1 :// Those events of history are long gone, and there are no lingering important effects.

Russia is not going to do anything militarily, but they may huff and puff, which is their nature. They'll be ready for the "big one" later.

Sorry to disillusion you, but both your country and mine are proxy states run for British interests. Have you ever stopped to wonder why you have such a large military commitment in a British sphere of influence (Iraq - Afghanistan)? A "War on Terror"? More like a War of Terror. How do you fight "terror" anyway? You certainly can't beat it - and I think that is the whole point. This "War on Terror" is being used by the criminal elites to further their geopolitical ends - the subjugation of Islam for Britain. WWI, WWII, the Fall of China and the Korean War were used to subjugate Europe and Asia. South America has always been in the bag. Africa could be messy. Sounds like a real life game of RISK.

I certainly agree that there will be a "big one" involving Russia (and Israel) in the future. I suspect that will happen after the US has been dismantled and turned into some sort of UN protectorate.

14. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think you give Great Britain more credit for influence than due them. hillclimber in bold above

15. Gideon

Gideon New Member

You have such a large military commitment in a British sphere of influence because the US is a British proxy.

Britain is becoming neo-pagan, not Islamic.

The dismantling of the US is being done by British-backed globalists.

16. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

The S.E. US was settled mostly by Scots-Irish, and I guess that it why we are so ornery.

My money is on the British, once they dig their heels in.

17. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

That's right. Some of the greatest heroes of US history were of Scots-Irish descent, and that's what gave them the stubborn streak that saw them through those early pioneering/ homesteading days!

18. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

You're right. And that's also why early officials of the colonies encouraged them to move on into the backwoods...far far into the backwoods, where they would cause them less trouble ;)

19. mnw

mnw New Member

Well said niteshift.

20. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

See what you've done, niteshift, you've only given succour to the oppressive English!:wavey: