1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ryrie Study Bible - follow up

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by BruceB, Jan 12, 2007.

1. BruceB

BruceB New Member

Back in August I asked in this forum what you all thought of the Ryrie Study Bible. I kept the answers and ended up purchasing a NASB Expanded Edition of the Ryrie Study Bible as my "read through" and study Bible for this year. I am now 12 days into using this Bible (following a Bible-Reading.com schedule) and I really like this Bible (so far). Keith M - you asked me back in the last thread what I thought, but I couldn't answer because I wasn't using it yet - but thanks again for your endorsement (and to all you other folks who chimed in as well). Bruce

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Love the Ryrie Study Bible - I just wish sometimes the print was a little larger. The ol' eyes just aren't what they used to be.

Glad to hear you have decided to read through the Ryrie this year. All the notes and study helps should make the experience that much better for you!

3. A&I

A&I New Member

Bible

I have one in the NIV and one in the NAS . I like Ryrie also . I wonder if they;ll ever come out in the ESV or HCSB ??

4. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Who knows? With copyright laws and the like, you can never tell until it is announced. BTW, did you know the Ryrie once came in the NKJV? Although the NKJV is no longr available, I still have a copy from several years ago - 1985 or a little later judging from the info on the copyright page. It sure would be nice to see the expanded Ryrie available in the NKJV!

5. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Ryrie Study Bible

I have to wear reading glasses with any of my Bibles, I thought the 10pt font the Ryrie was not too bad, especially when compared to my Zondervan NASB SB. Which is a tad under 9pt. My Charles Stanley Calfskin is 11pt I think and is much easier to read. Did you get your Ryrie in genuine leather or bonded leather? I havent seen the genuine leather yet.

6. Keith M

Keith M New Member

I have yet to buy a Bible cover in genuine leather. I have never been able to afford the more expensive leather covers - so tha majority of my Bibles are bonded leather with a few hardbacks thrown in there. I am not really hard on Bible covers - they seem to last me forever even in the bonded leathers. The Bible I most frequently carry to church is in a purchsed cover, thus cutting even more on wear. I guess that until my rich uncle in the poor house passes away, I'll have to stick with the bonded leather covers.