1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sabbith and a day of rest

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UnchartedSpirit, Mar 30, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I never said I rested on Sunday. In fact no one at my church does. We're just not one of those Saturday worshippers or anything (although I guess Bible study is about the same thing here)....

2. GraceAlone

GraceAlone New Member

I grew up in a church whose members were scattered so far that many began to stay on the church grounds the entire day between morning and evening services. Talk about exhausting! FINALLY someone wised up and suggested everyone come at the set time Sunday morning and stay as long as services lasted. No more tiring evening services or long days spent away from home. For the first time in my traditional Southern Baptist life Sunday became a day of rest. The church was growing when the decision was made 35 years ago and is still healthy today.