1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saddumb's weapons of mass destruction

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freedom's cause, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

[​IMG]
    You are right on StraightAnd Narrow, everything else is just fear mongering.

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

How much time did you spend in the military, assigned to a Nuclear Weapons Site, responsible for that Site's security? </font>[/QUOTE]My employment history has nothing to do with this discussion. This is just more of your typical insults. After all, only you have the qualifications required to speak to this (among many other) subjects, right. Now you even claim to have some background in this field. How convenient. :rolleyes:

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just trying to determine if this was yet another area in which you claim expertise but in reality lack it. (And anybody who has been on this forum more than 20 minutes, and has been paying even a little attention, knows of my military background.)

Anyone ever in the military knows that the first rule of security is confidentiality. If they don't know where something is it makes it just that much more difficult for them to try to obtain it, destroy it, etc. Everyone with an IQ greater than his hat size seems to understand that, except for some "intellectually elite" liberals.

4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The yellowcake in question had gone through 12 of the 17 step process needed to produce weapons grade Uranium. However, it would require much less refinement and machining to enrich it enough to make a "dirty bomb" as I discussed in the other post.
    First of all, what do you mean by "threaten the US?" Does the attack of an allied power threaten the US? Does the attack of US extraterritorial enclaves threaten the US? Or do you mean "does it threaten me, my wife, son John, his wife, us four and no more?"

Secondly, Bush did not say it. The CIA said it. The DIA said it. The NSA said it. MI5 said it. Mossad said it. In fact every intelligence agency of any import world wide said it.
    Are you claiming Omniscience? How do you know there are not still WMDs buried somewhere in the vast sands of Iraq? Or over the border in Syria?

The truth is, you don't know.
    He acted on the best intelligence estimates available. Just as Clinton did when he bombed an aspirin factory in Sudan. Anyone who has ever worked in any type of Intelligence knows Intelligence is not magic. It is a best guess. Sometimes they guess right and sometimes they guess wrong. In this case we know Saddam had WMDs at some time. We sold them to him, remember? He even used some of them against his own people, the Kurds. Or had you forgotten?

And the existence of WMDs is irrelevant. We freed a people from a murderous regime. That, in itself, is sufficient reason to go to war in Iraq.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It would be more accurate imo to say that we freed a people from a murderous regime that we helped to create and sustain.

Or as a popular comedian once said, "How did we know Saddam had weapons of mass destruction? We looked at the receipt"

6. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

And this is about as close as we may ever get to proving that Sad-dumb had Alleged WMD's.

7. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

it's interesting to me the similarities between Hitler and Saddam both wanted world domination
    they killed whoever got in their way they were paranoid and ended up killing their own families
    because of their actions ever notice how madmen always die I Thank God that Saddam is about to die he is and was an Anti-christ he murdered his own family members or had them killed may all murderers die if we are patient Iraq will have her democracy Saddam hated America and I believe he would have used a Nuke on us if he had the chance or backing of another country like russia our President probably kept a madman from killing thousands more regardless of any nukes would you prefer that Saddumb had taken over kuwait the rest of the arab world as was his plan and then bomb Israel and then US where is your logic should we sit by and wait perhaps those in power know more about what will save America and the world than we do in today's nuclear world we must be ahead of the game and our President was just that I Thank God for President Bush and any President that puts America's security first God bless you President Bush you may have averted WWIII

8. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Fear mongering and speculation. Where are the WMD's? And what are we afraid of anyhow, That Jesus is going to come? Hey I am looking forward to that.

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

What evidence?
    You mentioned a site that was apparently already a known area. The alleged WMD's were not there, were they? The uranium, according to the article posted by BobRyan, was not weapons grade, or at least could not be used for nuclear weapons.
    Do you remember all that talk about the WMD's? Do you remember NSA Rice remarking about how we didn't want the "smoking gun" to be a "mushroom cloud?" I certainly do. Now, if this were the case, and the WMD's necessitated a full-scale invasion, then why has it been so difficult to find these WMD's? I thought the VP said that they knew where they were.

If this was directed at me, then I would issue you a direct challenge to show where I have ever said that I hate/hated the President.
    As for the facts, where are the WMD's? It's that simple: where are they? I seem to recall that the President has remarked that they probably won't be found. So, all of this would be cleared up (at least as far as I am concerned) with some evidence that these WMD's existed. Until then, I just don't buy it.

Again, this would all be cleared up with some evidence, other than the 500 tons that apparently has been moved to a secret location. Remember, the concern was that the "smoking gun" could potentially be in the form of a "mushroom cloud."

By the way, with respect to being partisan, I am a Republican. I am a Republican who is stunned by the manner in which anyone who dares to question the Administration is branded as "partisan." I am a critical thinker, and my concerns would be alleviated if someone could just simply give us the proof of those WMD's.

Regards,
    BiR

10. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

BiR - who cares?

Nothing like driving interesting conversation straight into the ground for some I guess.

I have a question and this is for anyone wanting to conject an answer? What did Saddam actually *need* uranium, (yellow cake or otherwise) for, I mean, enough to have 500 tons of it? Science experiment? Attempting nuclear power?

RIIIIIGHT. He is such a strong leader of men. :rolleyes:

Seems he was more interested in killing his people than helping them turn the lights on.

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Good Morning,

Apparently, you don't. But I would like to see the proof for the justification for getting us into Iraq, especially when the drums are beating with respect to Iran and Syria.

Regards,
    BiR

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

BiR,

We can't let the facts get in the way of interesting conversation you know that brother. ;)

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's interesting to me the similarities between Hitler's propagnda tactics and playing with uncontitutional laws and the Neocons tactics of propaganda and playing with unconstitutional laws. But we aren't supposed to discuss such things here on Baptist Board.

We prefer all our information to come from sources owned and manipulated by the global elite corporate borg media. :cool:

14. emeraldctyangel

Good Morning,

Apparently, you don't. But I would like to see the proof for the justification for getting us into Iraq, especially when the drums are beating with respect to Iran and Syria.

Regards,
    BiR
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah and when you come to some inalienable conclusion that someone lied just so we could go over there and kill a few thousand people, I will file my first lawsuit for reparations for having spent time over there AND losing many brothers and sisters.

Get over it BiR. We are there and now it doesnt matter why. You wont get any proof (at least none that youll actually believe) in this lifetime. Why pollute the air with useless commentary? Oh no...not Iran and Syria....*shakes in boots*. Monday morning quarterbacks must have a union or something. :rolleyes:

15. emeraldctyangel

Again,
    What was the uranium for?

16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In light of all the "facts" pointed out by the "stay at home and hide under the bed and let Saddam kill anybody he wants to" crowd, I have a new theory.

Why did Saddam have all that uranium? Easy. He was going into the wristwatch business.

As all the experts on this thread know, half the Uranium 238 will decay into Thorium 234 in about 4.5 billion years. Then, in a mere 24 days, the Thorium 234 will decay into Protactinium 234. Then the Protactinium will decay into Uranium 234 in about a minute. After about 245,000 years half the Uranium 234 will decay into Thorium 230. Then after a mere 76,000 years the Thorium 230 will decay into Radium 226.

Saddam will then take all that Radium 226 and use it to paint the numbers on all those wristwatches so the numbers will glow in the dark.

After all, everybody knows old Saddam was a peace loving man who would never think of making bombs with that uranium!

And if you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you!

17. OCC

OCC Guest

Careful there...comparisons to Hitler are not allowed on here and as I was told...it is a tactic used when you don't have a case.

18. OCC

OCC Guest

That said...I will make a point now.

Whether or not Saddam (not Saddumb, for the spelling impaired) had WMD's does not matter. You guys have them as well.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah but we're the good guys, and we were taught to share.

20. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

[​IMG]
    Some folks just want to have their cake and eat it too!