1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Salary for Pastor

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "But we have ways of dealing with folks like him"

Right, now in an affected German accent, "Ve have veys of dealing with your kind of pelple" ..... Cut its a wrap. :thumbs:

Oh :godisgood: :laugh:

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont know if I can Pop.......Im afraid Im on a Dunkin Donuts sugar high. :tongue3:;)

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Are you mocking the burden I bear?

What kind of man ARE YOU??

Are you still attending the church you requested us pray for a few months ago?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lighten Up Francis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

This is a debate site.

Not a smart alek site.

Not a "Look how cute I can be site."

Not a "drive-by post" site.

A debate site.

To debate means to engage with one another's arguments until you can't.

You are supposed to engage with arguments. To engage means to offer counter arguments or point out flaws in opponents arguments.

This drive by posting mess that about half of the psoters do to inflame or try to look clever ought to be banned altogether.

If you moderators want to get rid of the bickering- MAKE DEBATERS DEBATE.

That will do it.

make them debate.

Tell them to fellowship on the... wait for it... here is a NOVEL idea... ON THE FELLOWSHIP FORUM.

And develop a forum for people who think their little short drive-by posts are clever if you want to keep them. You can call it the "for people who can't debate the issues but still think they are clever" forum.

That would well nigh ELIMINATE the bickering and inflammatory posting that is so rampant on baptistboard.

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes. I still await the seeing of a good tangible pastor by EWF. So far he's told us how corrupt every pastor is at every church he's attended, or how evil the congregants are, how evil the Presby's are, and how great and awesome his online and phone pastors are where he could not attend physically. If a geological shift occurred where he could attend the latter he'd find a huge problem with them as well. :saint:

8. preacher4truth

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

9. preacher4truth

Yes, we have Biblical ways of doing that and yet you mock.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It seems to be every post is in this direction.Sag 38 was all over it earlier,now you, and Lk24....seems like a pattern.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The one that just left was 12 years. The one before him was six years. Before him ten years. Before that it was pretty consistent at five to six years.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Ahhhhhh......and what do we have here.....tortured Calvinists .....we'll isn't that just precious. ROFL.

Listen....the day I give a darn about what the 3 stooges think about me is the day I will pack it in. Really.... and to quote the great pastoral debater from Mississippi that has prior experience with being banned on this very form......you guys should get a room. :laugh:

#92 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats interesting....why do you suppose they leave? I mean you have people who have been there for a long long time. I would assume you'd want to get a pastor that is local and one that cultivate the elderly to mentor to the youth. We had a guy in here a while ago that saw growth in cultivating the younger generations but when I asked him about programs for the elderly, he really did not have anything for them...in fact, it appeared that he was unconserned about providing anything for those folks. Strange because the elderly are the one group more likely to attend church more consistantly correct?

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I've never been banned from this forum.

You don't know what you are talking about. I think that is about as accurate as most statements you have made lately though.

And you do care. It is obvious that you care.

And you didn't answer my question. You asked us to pray for a little church you started attending recently hoping that you might revitalize it or something.

Are you still attending that church?

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EWF,I have told you in the past about your downward spiral. Well now you're even worse. Take a break and look at your posts --and GO TO CHURCH!

16. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Very true but an interim with experience is one thing. A newbe fresh off the street with an agenda is something else. Mature, experienced, Christians seek to serve, to give, and to participate in an organization, called the local church, that is full of people with all their issues. Mistakes are made. Feelings get hurt. Money isn't always spent in the best way. And yet the mature continue to serve with grace. They know where God has placed them and they allow Him to use them in whatever church they are called to serve whether on staff or as a lay person.

#96 sag38, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why...who said God places us there. I certainly dont feel any call to modern church. So I'm just supposed to sit down, shut up and do what they tell you to do....is that right. Sorry but I have a brain that can think and perseive and worship as the Holy Spirit instructs. I'm not called to be a sheeple. If that is how its supposed to be then I shoulda stayed Catholic and been through with it.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this comming from someone who harrasses another brother.....sorry but your no one to take advice from. Go take the plank outa you own eye.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I put up with no lies or bluster from him or you. Your perception is skewed on a number of issues.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I suggest yours is as well. Seriously, how do you know. (Within a shadow of a doubt) Mikes mental, physical, and spiritual condition....trurh is Rippon, you do not and you cannot know for certain.

However you appear to go out of your way to enguage the guy knowing full well what the end result will be. And yet you sit on your perch and .....you know what, rather then me pointing this out, perhaps you should spend some of your own time in deep prayer and reflection. Seriously Rippon, you have been a deep disappointment to me. I was favorably impressed with your level of wit and intelligence and deep devotion to the Lord. So why this? ?? I will just leave it there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.