1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

salvation by church membership

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by stubbornboy, Oct 17, 2004.

1. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

hi people.i just want to know how do this people argue about salvation by church membership,verses that they use and how to refute it.tnx [​IMG]

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think JWs argue for that. Mormons argue that everyone eventually gets to a kind of heaven though some may have to go to hell and them get out - to get there.

The Catholic Church has a doctrine Canon Law that says "outside of the church there is no salvation" and then they point out that non-Catholics are "outside". However they find other ways to get those non-Catholics back in.

In Christ,

Bob

3. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

It does NOT matter what church you go to. If you do not have Jesus Christ as your personal savior, you are lost (even if you are on a church roll somewhere).

I would be more worried about my name being in the Lamb's Book of Life than on so and so's mailing directory!!!!!!

Thank You, Jesus, for saving a sinner such as I!!

4. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Hey,

Its easy to argue that church membership will not save you:

Ephesians 2:8-9
    "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast."

Hey its in the book, I didn't write it..thats what I tell people.

I remember once an encounter with some morman young ladies, and they explained that you needed to do all these steps before you get into heaven. I then asked them after you do ALL these steps then can you be sure your going to heaven. They said, " Well pretty sure" I said " Wait let me get this straight you want me to buy into a pretty sure religion, when I have a sure thing. Well they beat feet away from me.

intojesus