1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation of Loved Ones

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Jana Scott, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Jana Scott

Jana Scott New Member

My family is not saved. I've been praying for them for years now. One of my family members was witnessed to and didn't get saved. I'm really disappointed and discouraged. How come the Lord is not answering my prayers. I feel I have to be some sort of spiritual giant in order to have prayers answered...but this one is important and is one of His promises. Why?

2. Jana Scott

Jana Scott New Member

I asked the Lord to answer this prayer so I can have assurance that my family will get saved. He didn't. Why?

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jana, my heart goes out to you. I think I know how you feel a little. Here in Japan we are so often disappointed that our efforts bear little or no fruit. We get out 10,000 tracts, and as far as we can tell absolutely nothing happens. Then we think, what am I doing here? The only answer is that God called us here, so we will continue to do what He wants us to, even if we can't see the fruit.

Remember that God's timetable is not always ours. Speaking of spiritual giants, the great prayer warrior, missionary and orphanage founder George Mueller prayed for 60 years for his brother to trust Christ as Savior. Then he died. But guess what! After George died his brother got saved!!

Remember, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" (Gal. 6:9). :flower:

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

My heart goes out to you Jana. God does answer prayer, but it is not always the answer we want to have. Keep praying, that is what God wants you do do. We pray because it shows our total dependence on God. Perhpas God will save your family, perhaps they will not be saved, but since you do not know the outcome do not give up.

I have seem family members that are saved after years and years of prayer, and I have seen family members who did not find slavation after years and years of prayers. Remember that God is allways right and trust Him. Cast yourself in total dependence on His mercy seat and find comfort in times of confusion and distress.

God bless!

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Jana I know how you feel. ..........................................Location is: ^^^^^

I will pray for your family, and ask that you pray for mine. :Fish:

6. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Hi Sis,

Just make sure of the following, that there is no Sin in your life....

If there ain't, you just have to keep praying, remember, God's got his own way of doing things... Not our ways at all. It might take someone else to reach them... I recommend, however that you just keep planting seed, let them see Jesus in you, as well!

If you're looking for Good Gospel tracts to use, try these...:

http://www.chick.com

These work, very well.

-WTD

7. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Ummmm...What kind of cockamamie answer is that? That doesn't have a thing to do with the question at hand. God is not going to answer or not answer this request based on whether or not there is sin in her life. That is just plain ridiculous!!!!

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Right. When some one is struggling and hurting, they clearly don't need to be questioned regarding sin in their life. To many Christian's think they can make God bless them by the way they live. Sad.:tear:

By the way Janna my prayers are with you as well.

9. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

God has already answered your prayer Jana: wait. God is possibly waiting for the right moment when your family member will accept the Lord as their saviour. God knows when/if he/she will get saved. I know that this isn't very encouraging, but it is the best I can do right now.
    My pastor has been pastoring my church for 10 years. His wife prayed for one of our members for 10 years to get saved. When we celebrated their 10 year anniversary at the church, the lady, that my pastor's wife had been praying for, got saved the week of their 10 year anniversary. The point: pastor's wife prayed for 10 years before God said yes to her prayers. Why? I won't ever know untill I get to heaven and ask Him myself.
    I often find myself asking God "why?" on sooooo many occasions. "Why did you let this happen?" "Why didn't you intervene in any way?" after I've prayed sooooo hard. Look at 1Corinthians 15:58, "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." Your prayers will not be in vain, Jana. God loves you and your family. And He loves them enough to send His only begotten son for them. "Pray without ceasing." Prayer changes everything.

My prayers are with you and your family.

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Forget those horrific Chick tracts. Search the forum for previous discussions on them.

11. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Unbelievable!!

Wow...talk about the devil trying to throw confusion and discouragement into a thread posted by a dear sister who is grieving over lost loved ones.....:tear: ...I won't even call the names out...I don't need to!! Even the Lord Jesus had to rebuke Peter when he ....even as close to the Lord as he was...mispoke. Wow guys...where is your heart of compassion? Jana, I do sympathize greatly with you as I am the only member of my family that knows the Lord and we are all getting older.I FEAR for them and pray for them daily....I've already prayed for you and yours and as the Lord brings you and them to mind I'll continue to do so. I'd appreciate your prayers for my kinfolk as well.:praying: In our sunday lesson today I saw it said that as Christians we should "Preach the gospel wherever we go. When necessary use words...!" I don't know who said that but they were on target.My family has heard all I have to say in time gone by....now I'm simply trying to live a faithful life for my Lord in their midst. God bless you sister...keep praying and always remember....God IS in control.:saint:

Greg Sr.

12. Rookiepastor

Rookiepastor New Member

Jana, recently I read a story about George Mueller.

Mueller, was a prayer warrior if anyone was, he was. He saw well over 30,000 answered prayers in his life, many of them answered almost immediately.

The story I read about him, told this. Mueller has a group of five or so friends that he was praying for salvation. One was saved within a year or so, another in about 10 years, another 20 years or so in the process... the last one was saved at Mueller's funeral.

I cannot remember the source of this, but I am sure someone out there knows this story even better than I.

For me the point is... keep on praying... do not get discouraged in this.

I hope this helps...

God Bless

13. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
    (Psalms 66:18-20 KJV)

I read and believe ALL of the Bible and quite obviously, you don't. and by the way, I've seen your little blog about me. ever heard of a libel lawsuit?

-WTD

14. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Just remember God isn't our puppet, He works in His own time. My sister was saved in '98, I was saved in '99, my dad saved around '04, and my brother and his wife in '05, and my mom was just saved one week ago (last Sunday night). :)

The Lord knows how and when to work, we just have to be patient.

Psalm 27:14

15. pickwick

pickwick New Member

I can sympathize with your concern for the salvation of your family. My father was a alcoholic who abused and cheated on my mother, wasted his pay check on gambling and self-indulgence, and had several run-ins with the police (he was even involved in twenty-five auto accidents).

When I got saved in 1980, I began praying that God would change His heart and save him. I shared the gospel with him every way I could think, sometimes with more passion than grace. Finally, after seventeen years, I was privileged to have the honor of leading my dad to saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Today my dad is going on wonderfully for the Lord. When I tell my children about what type of man he used to be, they look at me with incredulity. All I can say to them is "This is not the man that raised me."

I don't know why it took so long for my dad to get saved, but I am comforted by the knowledge that while God's timing is not always my timing, it's always perfect timing. Hang in there. Live the Gospel, preach the Gospel, and trust God to give the increase in His time.

God bless you.:praying:

16. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord, Pickwick! Excellent post. Wonderful Lord.:type: