1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation of the Soul (purchased possession)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think JJump is AWOL! :laugh:

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He could be too busy. I have gotten so busy at times that i just couldn't find any time for the board. Hopefully he will get back soon.

God Bless!

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Greg has responded to my follow up questions. Here is my questions and his response.....

Greg's response.....

As you can see, the same confusion remains in his second response. I have emailed him a third time with the same question, that is "why do you say the soul is saved eternally and then you say the soul will be lost or saved at the judgment seat of Christ?" I'm not sure why he hasn't cleared this up, it seems to be a very simple question to a very obvious contradiction of terms.

I will let you know his response.

God Bless!

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well Greg has responded and the results remain the same. Here is his words in a nut shell....

There it is again. starts out with soul eternally in heaven and ends with the soul will not be saved. Go figure! I did write him once more to ask if there are two souls. Will see.

I wish Jump would come back, maybe he could clear this up. I know Greg feels he knows this doctrine inside and out and he is a big fan of Arlen Chitwood as well. But he sure has me confused!

God Bless!

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, I pressed Greg about this contradiction and he responded.

Ok, that clears that up. He says that the soul is saved eternally and then it can be lost into outer darkness for 1000 years and then restored again to fellowship.

Where is Jump? I would like to know if he agrees with this.

God Bless!

6. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

It doesn't get much more confused than this..... until later on in this same thread. This is sad beyond belief. Who in the world thought this baloney up and who is pushing it?

Father deliver them from this deceit and then forgive them, they know not what they do. :tear:

#66 DQuixote, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2007
  7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steaver seems to be correct.
    Jump needs some more spiritual jump.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My final email to Greg.....

As always with those who teach the doctrine of 'soul not yet saved' for Christians the conversation ends when they are asked some self examining questions and asked to apply the doctrine to real life.

Greg has ended the conversation rather than answering the life application questions. This is consistent with every person I have conversated with about this issue.

God Bless!

9. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Probably against my better judgment I am going to address your last post.

Steaver this statement is not true at all. I have answered many of these type questions for you in the past. I have even offered to have an offline conversation with you so that we can visit one on one about the matter.

And that offer is still available to you. You are more than welcome to email me at any time and we can discuss these matters.

Again this is not a true statement. Let me "again" answer at least one of your questions for you, and repeat my offer to contact me via email to discuss more.

You ask the question "how many works do I have to do?" The answer to that is simple. It's not about the "amount" of works. The Bible never puts an exact number on it, because that is not the point.

The point of the salvation of the soul is a lifetime of faith that produces works of obedience, faithfulness and overcoming. We must enter and run the race as to win the race. We must as Paul be able to say that we have finished the race. We must cross the finish line.

The "number" of works that equate to gold, silver and precious stones are immaterial to the conversation.

Again the the offer is still open. Contact me offline if you would like to have more discussions.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not ask you to analyze my question and give an opinion as to whether or not it is a "correct" question to ask.

And you will not know if you have been faithful and overcoming until Jesus judges you. You may think you have done well, but you cannot be sure until the judgment.

BTW, do you agree with Greg's two salvations of the soul doctrine? One by the blood at conversion and another at the judgment seat of Christ. But ultimately the soul stays saved eternally, it just may get lost into outer darkness for 1000 years.

God Bless!

11. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well as I suspected I should have just stayed away . . . I guess I'm always holding out hope that a "real" conversation can be had on the matter . . . I'm not sure what it is that you are seeking Steaver, but answers it is not . . .

And by the way I would still love the opportunity to visit with your brother and Greg. Drop me a way to contact them if you don't mind.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I posted Greg's unedited comments. Do you agree with them? The yes, the total man (body soul spirit) is saved by the blood and then a second salvation of the soul is for the 1000 year reign?

I'm not sure I want to hook you up with Greg. Where two or more are gathered together in error it is harder to have one see the truth. However, I am finding it true that each one who believes in this strange doctrine has conflicting views with the others who also believe in it. So maybe by hooking you up you will see even more confusion in it and abandon it. I will think about it.

Chitwood tells me the Christian soul can be lost forever. Greg tells me it is saved forever and potientally lost for a spell. Nee tells me that I must live a life of poverty and misiery. You say not. You say the soul has yet to be saved. Greg says it is saved at rebirth and then it must be saved again for Jesus' reign.

So maybe you two hooking up would be a good thing to open your eyes a little. We'll see.

God Bless!

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I thought we were to depend on the Holy Spirit for guidance, and not to "think for ourselves"?

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
    Pro 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
    Pro 3:7 Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.

#73 webdog, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007