1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation; Salvation after death; and Hell

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by msinave, Apr 14, 2005.

1. msinave

msinave Member
    Site Supporter

PLEASE, I am looking for Scriptures only to support or refute the following:

1. Since Jesus died for ALL, we are all born into salvation and will lose it only by rejecting him.

2. Since God is concerned with our souls and not our bodies, we will have a chance to be "saved" after we die.

3. Hell is NOT separation from God; rather, it is everything we fear or hated on earth.

Thanks.

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

1. Untrue. We are all born in sin, not salvation.
    Ro 3:21
    But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    Ro 3:22
    Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    Ro 3:23
    For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

2. Untrue.
    Re 20:11
    ¶ And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    Re 20:12
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

3. Untrue.
    Re 20:13
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    Re 20:14
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

These are but a sample. All of your statements are unbiblical. Every one of them.
    In fact Jesus said,
    Joh 3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    Joh 3:19
    And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Friend; I don't know where you got your ideas, but I would be getting to a good Bible preaching church and learning some Biblical truths in a hurry if I were you.

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good answers Jim but ease up... I think our poster is looking for some help against someone else's arguments.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Since Jesus died for ALL, we are all born into salvation and will lose it only by rejecting him.

==Scripture denies that we are "all born into salvation". The Bible says that before we are saved we are:

"dead in trespasses and sins" and "children of wrath" (Eph 2:1-10).

=================================
    2. Since God is concerned with our souls and not our bodies, we will have a chance to be "saved" after we die.

==This is also false. God is concerned with body and soul (read 1Thess 5:23-24). This is why there will be a resurrection of the dead (Jn 5:25-30). There is no chance of salvation after death. For the only thing one faces after death is judgment (Heb 9:27-28).
    ==========================================
    3. Hell is NOT separation from God; rather, it is everything we fear or hated on earth.

==Again, wrong. Hell is seperation from God (read 2Thess 1:6-10). It is also a lake of fire (Rev 20:11-15).

Martin.

5. msinave

msinave Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for the replies.

Scott, you are correct. I am trying to find Scripture-based evidence to refute another's ideas. Fortunately, I have already noticed there are many on these boards who are quick to judgment (and THAT'S Biblical???) so I just ignore them.

Martin, here is his question: if hell is separation from God, why would it be hell for someone who doesn't acknowledge God anyway?

Again, thanks.

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

There is nothing in this post to indicate one was looking for answers to refute someone else. If I came across harsh, I apologize.

BTW: We make judgments every day based on information given. For example; if you saw someone weaving back and forth across the road in front of you and generally driving erractically, you would think what?

In HIS service;
    Jim

7. msinave

msinave Member
    Site Supporter

I would think heart attack as I've had this happen to me but your point is valid. So is mine. Some posters are more concerned about being right than reflecting the love of God.

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

msinave,

Here is my .02 on your last questions. Hell is separation from God, because I believe that everyone will bow their knee and make a confession that God is who He said He was realizing their mistake of rejection on earth, therefore they will be tormented with their separation from a loving God for all of eternity.

Again just my .02 and some may say it's not worth that [​IMG]

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hell IS separation from God. But it is also very real unending torment and suffering for eternity.

Show your friend Luke 16 (a very real story with very real names of individuals people knew) and the picture of hades/hell that is given. Suffering in EVERY bodily sense.

And death and hades will be cast into the Lake of Fire, which is the second death. And the smoke of their torment will ascend forever and ever.

10. wopik

wopik New Member

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Point #1.

Ephesians 2;1-3
    1. And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
    2. in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
    3. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

Point #2

Hebrews 9:27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Point #3

2 Peter 2.4-
    4. For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
    5. And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
    6. And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
    7. And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
    8. (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
    9. The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

# 3 was an old Twilight Zone epsiode.

Sounds like you're talking to Mormons.

14. wopik

wopik New Member

quote:
    -------------------------------------------------
    I agree, but

"Grave" is translated "Hell" --in English-- many times in the Bible.

Acts 2:27 for example.

'sheol' in the Hebrew is translated 'hell' or 'grave' or 'pit' in the Old Testament.

'hades' in the Greek is translated 'grave' or 'hell' in the New Testament.

'gehenna' in the Greek is translated 'hell' in the New Testament.

15. wopik

wopik New Member

Peter meant the grave as well when He said that Jesus went to hades when he quotes Psalm 16 in Acts 2:27.

16. wopik

wopik New Member

dianetavegia

what about numbering these posts for a guide.