1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

salvation

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by johnny dean, Feb 16, 2004.

1. johnny dean

johnny dean New Member

where do you get once saved you are always saved

2. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

...oh I'll be nice...

The basic idea is that once you have faith in Christ you are eternally secure. God said that none who are his, he will ever lose. It also says somewhere that there is the full assurance of the hope of salvation.

3. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Are you serious?

Dave

4. lindell dunning1

lindell dunning1 New Member

Dear friend Johnny Dean,
    The Bible is the source for "once saved." The clincher for me is written in John 5:25. For I too was vehemently opposed to such a notion as
    "once saved." One day the words "is passed" that are in that verse captured my heart and mind. One other verse is John 17:2. The Father,who is now my Father gave His Son my name and redeemed me from my condemnation. This is the reason that the Lord revealed His Son in me.
    Speaking "under the sun",from nature itself, how many times were you born of Adam? And are you sufficient in yourself to undo that birth?
    Just one more note of foolishness. If your child came to you and said,"I no longer have a desire to be your child. I made a mistake. I'm going to unbirth myself from you,and be a child of another." Even though the child may believe that they can really do this,does it change anything?
    I can't resist one more thought. The Lord's children are refered to as sheep. That isn't really a compliment in the comparison for they are pretty stupid. In Psalm 103 and verse 14,we are again refered to as an uncomplimentary element,dirt. The preceding verses,12 and 13, are words of great assurance,and whether you or I believe them or not,will not change the iron clad facts of the word of the Lord.
    Isn't it amazing that these dirty little sheep are constantly contending with the Lord over His
    sovereignty,yet He doesn't dash them to pieces,
    but remembers their frailty? Born once,lindell

5. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

The Biblical logic I understand is this... since our salvation is purely by the grace of God through the completed work of our Lord Jesus Christ, not by our own works, then Christ Jesus alone can maintain it, not our own works. Therefore, if my salvation rests in the work of Jesus, then it could only be lost or taken away by the Lord Jesus not based upon my own ability to obtain or maintain it.
    Another anology is that we are adopted into the family of God. Jewish law stated that the only child you could never disown was one you adopted. Current law here in most states still reflect this rule. The reason that Jesus used this anology of adoption into His family was to express this kind of relationship with the Father through Him. He will never forsake us... In fact He cannot, because He has lost not 1. The Bible tells me that. If He was wrong or lied in saying that particular point, then I cannot trust Him in any other matter and I may as well step out of the pulpet and seek the most money I can find.
    The God I serve is not a liar and is more than capable to complete the work He began in me.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Ro 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Only if my own works made me free would I be able to loose my salvation. But since it is Jesus who makes me free, I am secure in Him, regardless of anything I may ever do.
    Thats called grace, anything else is law, where there is law there is no grace.