1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sam Brownback to Drop Out of Presidential Race

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Oct 18, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He turned out to be a dud. The late D. James Kennedy once gave Brownback the "Christian Statesman of the Year" award, and Brownback seemed to be the evangelical hope for the White House with the retirement of John Ashcroft. However, it turned out that Brownback had converted to Catholicism, which evidently led him to follow the teachings of the last two popes who dislike the USA and Bush and are severe critics of the war in Iraq. This led Brownback to oppose the war in Iraq, putting him out of step with Mid-West Republicans who support the government.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that you need to check Senator Brownback's record and withdraw this remark, cmg:

"I cannot vote for a plan that would begin a withdrawal of U.S. troops before the surge forces are even fully deployed at this point in time. The 4th Brigade of the 1st Infantry Division, based at Fort Riley, KS, recently arrived in Baghdad. I do not think it would be wise for us to tell those soldiers they should prepare to leave Iraq even before they get their gear unpacked.

Not only do I believe it is inappropriate for us to legislate a timetable for withdrawal, I also believe it is bad policy for us to do this in Iraq."

- http://brownback.senate.gov/docs/legissues/foreignpolicy/iraq/iraqspeech070315.htm

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One does not have to give President Bush carte blanche in order to be a supporter of the Iraq conflict.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully so. But the story is still being written.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was against the surge, Ken. At that point, he dropped his support for the war. Read the link above--he wanted to use diplomacy instead of military force. He went liberal, Ken.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, you consider anyone who is even one iota to the left of Attila the Hun on any issue to be a liberal. :laugh:

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wake up and smell the coffee, Ken. If both parties run against the war, people can truly say that there was no choice and no difference between the two parties. If you are truly anti-Iraq war, Ken, then your position is well represented by the Democrats. If that is not the overwhelming issue for you, Ken, then you should stop trying to nominate people against the war.

11. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Fo some reason,sam brownback reminded me of a republican al gore,maybe it was just his speech patterns,at any rate I'm glad he is out of the running

12. atestring

atestring New Member

This is the only candidate that I have considered voting for/.
    He stands for righteousness and is a brilliant man.
    Maybe he can do more good in the Senate.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want U.S. involvement in the Iraqi civil war stopped immediately, if not sooner.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And if Republicans nominate Giuliani, and you are against abortion, your position is well represented by neither.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most likely candidate for that would be a Democrat, anyway. So that is your most important issue? This little backwater, brushfire war? :laugh: :laugh:

I disagree with you, Ken, 100%. That war does not amount to a hill of beans in the history of warfare. It doesn't reach the proportions of either Korea or Viet Nam, not to mention the two world wars of the last century. At any rate, the Democrat Party is for you, Ken, if that is the # 1 issue for you.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The No. 1 issue for me is balancing the federal budget while saving Social Security and Medicare.

17. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Don't worry Ken, I'm sure CMG will find some way to tie this is with being a liberal who supports Ron Paul. :laugh: