1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

same sex marriage... what if you cant tell?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by music4Him, Nov 10, 2004.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Well maybe I think too much....but in this day and age with operations and cosmetic surgery...

What if you where approached by two people who seemigly appear as male and female and asked you to marry them, only to find out later that one of them had an "operation" to alter their gender? :eek:

I just recently was thinking about how deciving satan is and nowadays with technology who can tell? Just wondered what some of ya'll might do or handel this situation if it ever arose? Also keep in mind that Hospitals and clinics are sealing records.... so I guess checking with old Doc Callmewhenyourbetter is out of the question too. :confused:

Thanks
    Music4Him

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Well, I suppose that's what courtship and engagement times are for, to get to know your partner better. Surely couples having the right kind of relationship during that period would get to the point of sharing such things.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Is the question concerning your culpability as a minister for having done the ceremony, or about the always-been-one-sex person wanting a divorce?

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Dear Music!! Land's Sake!! This world is comin' to that, you know!! The Lesbian "Butch" dresses like a man most of the time, anyway---hair "bobbed off" close----some wear men's clothing like Duck Head trousers cut for men, Wing Tip shoes and tie with button down Oxford shirt---

Seriously---I'd do one of three things

(1) Get out of performing weddings altogether! There's nothing in God's word that says that the Preacher "HAS" to marry anybody! Its done in a church to make it "look cute!" mostly!!!

(2) Investigate! Background search! Ask around! Chances are---somebody's gonna know the two "Bozo's" and that will be the end of that!!

(3) Perform marriage ceremonies for people I know---members of my immediate church and family! "Off the street" folks can just forget it---I'm not gonna do it!!

I'd like to do #1 if I could---but . . .!

Blackbird

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If you can't tell? I think that would be less an issue of surgical technology, and more an issue of withholding something from the person you're involved with. If you've had surgery of any kind, or had health situations of any kind, you should tell your future spouse. There should be no secrets whatsoever between spouses. Privacy, yes. Secrecy, no.

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Wow! [​IMG] I see some great responses there already. The reason I was asking was
    1.)I have just recently got a ministy liscenes.
    2.)With all this same sex marriage/gay stuff "comming out" everywhere what if gay people try to fix a way to try to legalize it? I just thought we might ought to be aware or ask cause I thought it could happen. Could you just see the headlines... :eek:

Let say George and Ruben wanted to get married would they stoop as low as to trick a preacher? Just so they could find a loop hole (so to say) to try and make what isn't bibically legal.

One scripture I thought about is where Paul was talking about doing something out of ignorance. Would that apply to the preacher that was tricked (if one was)?

Thank you for the replys~ Keep 'em comming!
    Music4Him

7. Lori

Lori New Member

aaackk you just had to bring that up in case maybe they were trolling the boards looking for ideaasss around the law???? [​IMG] :rolleyes:
    lol

I agree with what johnv and paul of eu said. Long engagement and no secrets. You just can't have a major secret like taht one and expect for things to go good.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

8. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

But lets say there was a guy named George, and he decided to have a sex change. And he had been living as a woman for years. (new life new town,etc.)and now his name is Georgette, and he meets a nice guy and they procede to get engaged and ask a Minister of the Gospel to perform the ceremony.

The guy Georgette is marrying knows the truth, but they decide it's nobody elses business and don't tell the Minister.

If the minister performs the ceremony, will God hold him/her accountable?

:eek: :confused: [​IMG]

Tam

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

TL, there are sometimes necessary cases for gender reassignment. In some cases, the male genitalia don't descent and form properly. In essence, at birth, they look like the female genitalia. The person is brought up as a female, until such as time (typically in the teen years or adulthood) when hormonal changes occur. Typically, the person will still have genitalia that resemble female genitalia on the outside.
    Chromosome-wise, the person is a male, but physically, and in all apsects, the person is a female. Believe it or not, this happens in more cases that we think, because it's treated as a huch-huch issue.

This is most definitely a case where it needs to be between the person, the doctor, and the parents, if necessary.

Now, in the case of homosexuals, most homosexuals do not want to undergo a gender change any more than you or I would. While the radical left often attempts to lump the "transgendered" issue in with the "gay" issue, but this is more of a political tactic, and does not accurately reflect the gay issue as a whole.

As far as the minister being held accountable by God, one could ask a similar question. What if two people pretent to be saved and pretend to be church goers, and get married by a pastor, but they're really devout Jews. Would God hold the pastor accountable? Not likely.

10. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Good answer ~Johnv!

~Tam I just thought how we can check it out with out getting too personal.........Do a rib count! ROFLOL [​IMG]

11. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

Seriously???? And this is something I've never heard of??? Or is this just an "excuse" for a women to become a man????

12. joyfulkeeperathome

p.s. Men and women have the same amount of ribs!!! [​IMG]

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Here goes!!! When in doubt---check it out!!!

Hey!!! Just as good an answer as Johnv's!!!!!

14. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Suppose an individual has been born with sex chromozones yyx - abnormally configured - gets a sex change from male to female due to gender confusion - then becomes a baptist, joins a church and repents of the gender change -

Can that person become a deacon? <ggg>

15. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

It sounds funny, I know,
    But it really is so,
    Oh, I'm my own grandpa.

I'm my own grandpa.
    I'm my own grandpa.
    It sounds funny, I know,
    But it really is so,
    Oh, I'm my own grandpa.

Now many, many years ago, when I was twenty-three,
    I was married to a widow who was pretty as could be.
    This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red.
    My father fell in love with her, and soon they, too, were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life,
    My daughter was my mother, cause she was my father's wife.
    To complicate the matter, even though it brought me joy,
    I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad,
    And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad.
    For if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother
    Of the widow's grown-up daughter, who, of course, was my stepmother.

Father's wife then had a son who kept him on the run,
    And he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son.
    My wife is now my mother's mother, and it makes me blue,
    Because, although she is my wife, she's my grandmother, too.

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild,
    And everytime I think of it, it nearly drives me wild,
    For now I have become the strangest case you ever saw
    As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!

I'm my own grandpa.
    I'm my own grandpa.
    It sounds funny, I know, but it really is so,
    Oh, I'm my own grandpa.

SOURCE

16. joyfulkeeperathome

hehehehe, I always liked that song.....