1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Samuel L. Loudermilk, Baptist preacher

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by rlvaughn, Apr 13, 2021.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last night a descendant of Baptist preacher Samuel Loudermilk posted on a very old thread about the burial location of him and his wife.
    I thought it might be worthwhile to start a new thread about him. I found a couple of things that may not have been mentioned in the previous thread (though I did not carefully comb it to be sure).

In the historical table of the West Florida Association (1906 minutes, p. 32), S. L. Loudermilk is listed as the association clerk 1902-1905.
    Minutes of the Sixtieth Annual Session of the West Florida Baptist Association

In the minutes of the Middle Florida Association (1922, pp. 12-13), he is mentioned as a visitor from the Miami Association.
    Minutes of the Twenty-Third Annual Session of the Middle Florida Baptist Association

Brief bio:
    Biographies L, Florida Baptist Historical Society

The Find-A-Grave memorials for Samuel Lovingood Loudermilk and Sarah Jennifer “Powers Loudermilk are HERE and HERE.

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    upload_2021-4-13_8-9-20.png
    The St Lucie County Tribune, Friday, October 20, 1911, p. 6