1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sandbagging Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Thinkingstuff, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You're statement (on your profile) has three alones none explaining your answer. Grace (You're saved by God's grace which begs the question put forward); Christ (by christ redemptive work which doesn't answer the question); faith (throughour faith in Christ which doesn't answer the question).

Starting from the begining. God elected those that are saved. There is distinguishing one group of people from another. That to distinguish such necissarily condemns one set. Before they are even born. From what we understand of justice is that right? You could say God is the creator and can do what he wants which just means that he is an unfair tyrant picking out the "teachers' pets" and torturing the rest of humanity. Does man truely have a free will? Then and is God not ultimately responsible for his choices not ours? And doesn't this conflict with the verse which states that God desires that all men be saved? (again this isn't my personal believe but my attempt to attack the question from a coworkers perspective.)

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Before I get into this with you, please read the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. Those are my answers, which do answer your questions.

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a lot of reading there. Do you think my co-worker is up to it? I'll read it though and it may be a while before I get back to you.

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I know this was addressed to another, but I would like to reply. However, I do not wish to change the subject of this thread. Please start a new thread or even two threads, and ask for better understanding of Calvinism.

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Yes. I think your co-worker is up to it.