1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sarah Palin, Sarah Palin, Sarah Palin.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Alive in Christ, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Facts are facts and anecdotes are anecdotes.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No doubt.....

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I'll ask again, has anyone ever gotten a job from a poor man?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Farm work is not an option in a suburban setting. My 18 year old daughter spent the summer looking for a job. She is well-spoken and a hard worker with impeccable references. She applied at McDonalds, Starbucks, 3 local grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and 5 other local businesses. She was just looking for ANY job. None of them hired her. She has no experience but that didn't matter, IMO. Getting a job is not an "easy" thing to do. And being a professional looking for work means that they need to be available for interviews and possibly travel. It's not an instantaneous thing.

5. JerryL

JerryL New Member

There is work in my industry, but in my trade Democrats are the friendly face, they want clean air. My industry is a major part of adding cleaning facilities to powerhouses that clean the coal going through them. The same is not true for all of the American workforce. Jobs are leaving this country at an alarming rate. The fact that gas is in the 4.00 range, minimum wage jobs at McDonalds and other places and on farms won't pay family bills.

#65 JerryL, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  6. donnA

donnA Active Member

In a suburban setting, you mean with all those yards that need to be worked on?
    Fact is, for a perosn really wants to work, there is woek available, but they may not want to lower themselves to common folk.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Lots of people support family, home, etc on pay from McDonalds and farm work, been there done that.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Still does not change the fact that unemployment is not at an all time high as you misleadingly stated. And now your changing subjects to another off topic subject. Can't win with untruth so change the topic I guess.

9. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Sarah Palin at her speech last night proved one thing, she is good at being sarcastic. I guess we need more of that in Washington. I mean, when people ask about jobs and the economy, she can give a sarcastic answer. These conventions are meant to pump up their bases, Republican and Democrat, what issues did she talk about? I never watched any of the Democrat convention so I don't know what they said either.

10. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Are you Aj's mom? :laugh:

11. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Jobs are on the same topic I think.

12. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

JerryL...and others

I have looked at all of my pay stubs and I cannot find even one instance where "unemployment insurance" was deducted from my check.

So how can you say that you have paid into it?

JerryL? Did you really pay into "unemployment insurance"? Or do you just take advantage of it?

Please, show me where you have invested money into the right to take money from the taxpayers without any production? Especially when there are jobs available to you?

AJ

13. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that the employer is responsible completely for the unemployment insurance paid to the government, and, when a person gets paid unemployment. that the employer that it was filed against actually has to pay a portion (1/2? I am not sure) of what the state sends to you.

How are you entitled to anything that the employer pays for in the first place, and then supplements the state for afterwards?

AJ

14. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Jerry, it sounds like you depend on the gov't to keep you employed and/or to find you a new job, thus, your disgust with the last 8 years of the GOP. Maybe instead of typing bitter posts on the internet, your time would be better spent looking for employment? Just a suggestion.

15. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

My point exactly Andy

AJ

16. JerryL

JerryL New Member

The government doesn't find my jobs. As stated in my profession a couple of weeks off is normal while my union finds another place for me. The same can't be said for all peoples that are signing up right now.

#76 JerryL, Sep 4, 2008
  17. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Are you two using your employers computers to do this same thing or are you at home everyday doing the same thing? Now, if you are at your place of employment typing to me here, are you cheating them?

18. JerryL

JerryL New Member

If I am laid off between jobs, I am not taking advantage of anything. The job available to me in my profession starts in a week or two as stated. I thought the employers paid for it, not the taxpayers?

#78 JerryL, Sep 4, 2008
  19. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I used to work shutdowns, and I had 2, 3 even 4 weeks off sometimes, but I made enough money when we were out to pay my bills for quite a while, and I planned for the breaks.

IF you are only off for a couple of weeks, and that is "normal" as you say, then why do you need unemployment payments?

You have changed your story, yet again.

AJ

20. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

No, I am off today because of the weather...I will have to work the weekend to make up for it.

Try again.

AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.