1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sarah Palin wants to know what a VP does

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 29, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, the fact the theologians and scientist disagreeing doesn't make the issue unimportant but it does soundly say it is more complicated, technical and too important for one man to decide for an entire nation. Unfortunately this is a democracy which means no individual, even the president should have absolute say on such a complex matter.

You saying anyone who disagrees with you is wrong makes clear any response Obama gave would not satisfy you and most of the audience he sat before that day. Even if he responded pro-life you would be saying he flipped flops and doesn't know how to make a decision. His decision to punt as you say is no riskier than McCain hail mary pass in choosing Palin. If he looses it will be viewed as very dumb decision but if he wins it will be viewed as a stroke of pure genius.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Only if you interpret those verses that way. Theologians don't agree with the interpretation of said verses but it is true, you are entitled to your view.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I am not saying one man should have absolute say. But don't forget, five did and everyone seems okay with that. The problem is that Obama is not informed enough to have a view. And that is problemmatic. Or at least he is not courageous enough to state his view. Which is equally problemmatic.

No response would be satisfactory to me because it would be the wrong response. For him to change his mind and come to the truth is not a negative. I wouldn't call that flip-flopping in a negative sense.

I don't think there is much debate about it among solid biblical theologians. There is some debate among liberals, but not among conservatives who hold a high view of Scripture.