1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sarah Palin : Wikipedia

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Aug 29, 2008.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

I think having a mom with a serving son as our commander in chief would be a great way to eliminate the way our military has been deployed by both parties as a tool of partisan advancement.

Realistically, even as VP her son's deployments are going to have to be closely guarded secrets or he will endanger those in his unit.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What does she know about foreign policy, the economy, the looming Social Security and Medicare crisis..........?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A whole lot less than Senator Obama or Senator Biden.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those that forgot to address this: She already is commander-in-chief of the Alaska National Guard.

5. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

First Impressions

Just some first impressions from the Dayton event and I may not cover it all.

I was looking at John McCain and his body posture, it was neutral to uncomfortable and by that i mean it was not like having Joe Lieberman at his side
    whom he really deeply likes but it wasn't as if Mitt Romney was there either where he looks as if he is biting down on a bullet.

but he does show some impatience on his face when someone seems to be upstaging him.

now for her, her voice and I mean her actually sounding voice is very sweet and maternal a really good person imo, but with that being said it is not the attack voice of Joe Biden who will look you straight in the eye and tell it like it is. Joe Biden needs to be careful how he deals with her but have free reign to go after John McCain. She honored two Democratic women , Ferraro and Hillary Clinton that was planned and is part of why she was picked to go after that demographic but still it was a nice touch, I don't think it will work Hillary will put the kaboosh on that and hold on to a high majority of her people to deliver to Barack.imo

Obama/Biden needs to come out soon and show sweetness in return by congratulating her with a soft tone but then attacking the main cog in the wheel John McCain.

She did not address the investigation going on against her, she did speak of reform so she only delivered on 50% of the concerns.She needs to close that doubt or perhaps I missed that part of her speech?

She is Union, her Husband is Union which is positive ,great family story and they looked happy and it seems like the family pulls together to care for each other.Saw the older daughter being maternal, nothing wrong with that.

Cindy McCain looked happy at the beginning but seemed to go stiff their at the end but she is probably wary of someone shaking her arm off in the crowd.

Hey it is exciting, one thing for sure she is rejecting the worst President in our History imo George W. Bush , I wonder if he should even show up at the twin city to meet his other twin John McCain who would probably embrace him again.:1_grouphug:

Sarah is sweet , Democrat leaders be careful how you respond

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I am sooooo impressed. :laugh:

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They can just ignore her. With this being her first national campaign the odds are that she will make serious gaffes over the next two months.

8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Barack Obama gave a speech in 2002. OOH I'm sooooooo impressed.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

But he knew he was in the running. But thanks for acknowledging that I am a Christian. That's probably the nicest thing you have ever said to me.

Notice you didn't refer to what I referred to. I said "executive experience." Senators are not executives. The president is. Neither Obama or Biden has ever been the executive of anything significant that I know of.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm not bashing Sarah but the guard becomes federal when they go to war. What she is over in the Alaska National Guard are peacetime soldiers ready for state emergencies. As Gov, she has no war decisions to make.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not aware that you and Hillary Clinton are such big buds. :)

12. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not her biggest fan, but when she's right, she's right.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken,a short time ago you said highly complimentary things about Sarah Palin.You said John McCain ought to choose her;that she was ideal.Now you are changing your tune.So what you recently said would have been a wise choice for McCain is now a poor choice?