1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satan, Cains Father? Please read this study and post comments!! :0))

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jan 3, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

2. Link

Link New Member

I haven't read the hole site, but what I did read reminded me of the bizaar teachings of that Arnold Murray guy on TV.

Murray twists definitions from the Strong's concordance to argue that Satan as the serpent had literal sexual relations with Eve and that Cain was the physical descendant of Satan.

Then he argues that the 'Kenites' were descendants of this Cain. The Bible shows us clearly that more than one person can have the same name. Plus, the descendants of Cain were men, but Murray calls them 'flesh' and I suppose, puts them among the animals on the ark.

Underlying the whole theory is this idea that Kenites became fake Jews. Notice that the Kenites in his theory are not purely human. He says Kenites won't farm.

He has this theory that since some Kenites settled in Judah and became scribes. He said they liked to handle money. This is without justification from scripture. Scribe does not equal handling money. He's playing up on the stereotype of Jews being bankers and earning money off interest, a situation they got into in the middle ages when the RCC would not allow Christians to charge interest, so Jews took that role in society and profited greatly from it.

Basically, you end up with a theory which would mesh very well with neo-Nazi-ism, saying that there are lots of fake Jews who aren't truly human who corrupt the seed of the pure race, who pretend to be Jews, won't work with their hands, and like to handle the money. It's a pretty perverted way of viewing scripture.

Murray's interpretations of scripture are just bizaar. Christians generally see the Jews who opposed Christ and Cain also as the spiritual seed of Satan. We are not God's children by sexual intercourse. We are God's children in a sense by creation, and secondarily by the new birth. But Murry sees the serpent seed issue as physical and sexual.

He also argues that the Kenite Moses was married to was called a Kenite because she was from a Kenite area. He has nothing to back this up. Repeatedly we read of Moses' in-laws being Kenites. Some of these guys settled in Judah. In fact, when Saul went to attack the Amalekites, he told the Kenites to leave them, since they had been good to Israel earlier in history. Perhaps these were Hobab, Moses' in-laws descendants. A later group of Kenites is commended for faithfully following an ancestor's teachings not to drink wine, in contrast to Israel's unfaithfulness. Overall, the Kenites may be one of the most blessed and commendable Gentile people groups in the Old Testament. Murray makes them into quasi-human villians.

If Moses had one wife, and she was both Kenite and Midianite, perhaps Kenite was a group within the larger Midianite group. Scripture tells us that Moses married a Kenite. I can't imagine Murray being too happy about Moses marrying a dark-skinned woman. I don't recall how he tried to weasle around that one.

Here are some bizaar and just plain stupid interpretations from Murray. One is that in the parable of the wheat and the tares, when the enemy sowed the tears, he sowed the word from which we get 'sperm' in the field. Now, that's the Greek word for seed, but he makes a big deal about it being the word for sperm. He tries to make it sound like it's talking about Satan having sex with Eve. That's just a butchering of the interpretation of the parable. It talks about an enemy that sows agricultural seed, not the other kind.

He also says that a tare could become wheat, which is just plain nonsense in light of the parable.

He also argues that the word for 'tree' has a gloss in the Strong's glossary that relates to spine. From that he tries to argue that it is talking about Eve and Eve had sex with the Devil. It's pure nonsense. He can pull the wool over the eyes of some people who are gullible enough to believe his butchering of the Strong's definitions, who don't take the trouble to look up every reference to 'Kenite' in context or the meanings of the Greek words whose definitions he Butchers in a better dictionary.

My advice would be to pray and really read the Bible and stay away from this kind of fantastic neo-Nazi interpretation of scripture.

3. PK

PK New Member

who were the other tree's if this wasn't a literal tree? I think someone has way to much time on their hands...

4. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

I agree. That was about the poorest excuse for a Bible study that I've seen in a while. He must be quite limber to stretch like that.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This part:
    is what the Branhamites believe--followers of William Branham, one of the early leaders in the Pentecostal movement. He was a so-called healer that eventually started his own cult. Original sin was intercourse between Eve and the serpent. Their theology is warped. Stay away from it.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That site starts off with a crazy story "instead of scripture"

God was not commanding Adam and Eve "not to marry Satan" or in some other way have close physical contact with him.

God did not "place Satan in the garden" in the real Gen 1 and 2.

The "serpent is not the tree" in the "real" Gen 1 and 2.

There is soooo much pure nonsense in that link -- I can't believe that one person could have thought it up without help. It is beyond "Harry Potter"

in Christ,

Bob