1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

satan rising from the dead in OT?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jer2913, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Jer2913

Jer2913 New Member

Is there any reference to this verse Revelation 13:3 in the Old Testament? Meaning, does anyone know if the OT says that satan will rise from the dead, or does it only talk about the Messiah rising from the dead?

Thanks for the replies!

Jer2913

2. genesis12

genesis12 Member

According to Scofield, Revelation 13:3 speaks to a beastly revived Roman Empire during the time of the Great Tribulation. For a study, you may want to compare and contrast the endtime prophecies found in Ezekiel and Daniel.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If I remember right, I believe it is the Harlot explained in Chpt 17, verse about 5 or 7...

4. Gofwd

Gofwd New Member

Were you in a hurry?

I suspect this is what you were thinking of.

Isaiah 14
    12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.