1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satirical perspective on the Bush/Hitler thing

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jun 30, 2005.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

[​IMG] Poor Dan how did you get THROWN into the mix ;)

LESSON #1: Be very careful when making Hitler or Nazi comparisons.

Here's the bottom line: The Nazis killed like fifty-million people. They were the Babe Ruths of evil. W has screwed up Iraq and the EPA. So he's got a long, long way to go. He's more like the Dan Quisenberry of evil. Now that doesn't mean this group isn't ugly and dangerous -- they are -- but the Nazis were incredibly efficient and W and his band of goons are really, really incompetent. So the comparison gets sloppy.

So here's the Fix: Rather than saying Bush is like Hitler say that Bush is playing with "the seeds of fascism." And then you can go on to warn people about what kind of fruit these seeds bear. Or try comparing W to more appropriate fascist regimes like Nixon or the Shah of Iran or Matt Dillon in My Bodyguard.

I hope Dan Quisenberry is not offended;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/adam-mckay/how-to-get-mad-without-so_3395.html
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/contributors/bio.php?nick=adam-mckay&name=Adam%20McKay

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still doesn't work. :rolleyes:

3. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

How has Bush Screwed up the EPA? - I'd really like to hear the answer to this one....

Oh - I get it. This is Ariana Huffington's wonderful web site where all her Rich Cronies blather on about BUSH. This is the Same woman who complained about Americans who drive SUV's contributing to Terrorism when all her rich friends have multi-car garages and fly on private jets.

What wonderful insight from "average Americans"

4. OCC

OCC Guest

It's still funny...

5. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Its offical Dan Quisenberry does not want to get
    tagged with Bush comparison.

[​IMG]