1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saved and condemned at the same time? impossible

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ILUVLIGHT, Apr 12, 2004.

1. BrotherJoe

BrotherJoe New Member

Brother Mike,

YOU: If God sends His Holy spirit to convict someone of the truth and they are convicted and converted how is that this is something man has done. Do you consider the conviction, a work of man?

ME: No,it's not a work of man. (I think you mean by "the conviction" God regerating us, are we on the same page). If the Spirit makes a spiritually dead person alive it would be God's work. (I wasnt sure if by "the conviction" you meant regeration or one coming forth for the first time at say a gospel call?)

YOU:Being in the Spirit is something that even Christians are not in all the time if this were so man would no longer sin.

ME: Amen. I agree. This is a point I think some calvinists tend to miss sometimes if they carry the "perseverance of the saints" doctrine to its extreme.

Take care and God bless YOU TOO brother Mike,

Brother Joe

2. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Pastor Larry;
    I must have confused something you said. I went back to try to figure that out, but was unsuccessfull Pardon me for my confusion.
    May God Bless You;
    Mike

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Brother Joe;
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Seems that I always have at least 10 entirely different things going on at the same time most of the time.
    I wouldn't call conviction regeneration because if the one who is convicted doesn't confess Christ then he's not saved. Conviction is definitely a work of the Holy Spirit, but then how can one be convicted and not confess according to Calvinism. One must understand if the hearing of the word, convicts that person.
    May God Bless You;
    Mike [​IMG]