1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saved Vs. smart

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by billwald, Jan 10, 2006.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I see the EC system as an odd remnant of the past, but I also don't think there is a huge demand to get rid of it.

2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

All have sinned and come short SaN. Most of these politicians have left behind the tendency to sow the wild oats of their youth, (Clinton excepted) and are fully capable of leading God pleasing lives, even Clinton.

And I believe Bush does have a higher level of education than clinton, but I may be wrong, and it really doesn't matter. I sure mattered to the leftists trying to make the case that GWB was stupid and uneducated when compared to Algore though. [​IMG] [​IMG] Turned out the libs were wrong. again

3. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Im pretty sure that I have absolutely no need to know the sexual background of any political candidate.

I agree with your first statement hill. Everyone is capeable of leading a good life. But then you have the apologists who will be asking you to define 'good', like we had to define 'is'.

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

That's up to the states. Maine and Nebraska have a proportional system. However, a proportional system wouldn't keep a person from winning the presidency with the second-largest number of votes. </font>[/QUOTE]No, but it would prevent certain states from controlling everything. And I know that it's up to the states to proportion them, but there is talk of requiring all states to do so. Is that the business of the Fed?

Also, even though a person could still win presidency with second most votes, if a majority were required to win any individual election (including EC vote), that would make third and even fourth, fifth, etc., party candidates viable.