1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SBC G*R*O*W Program

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by USN2Pulpit, Sep 3, 2003.

1. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Does anyone posting on the board have any experience with this program? I'm trying to decide on it for my church.

Awhile back there was one poster who had used it. Let me know about it if you've used it.

...thanks

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

It was me.

We are still not organized completely according to G.R.O.W.'s principles but we're getting there.

I still like the approach and am going to continue to implement the approach.

I think for a small church it works a lot better than FAITH especially if your church has a history of not doing anything in the area of outreach.

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Hardsheller, I was hoping you'd respond. I went down to the LifeWay store in Bridgeton to get a look at the materials last Monday. I'm really giving it some thought now, and want to get started.

BTW, what are the four areas of outreach, according to the GROW plan?

4. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not sure there are 4 areas outlined as such in the materials. The main thrust is Every Member involved Once a Month in a team approach. Smaller Churches may need to only have one team.

Visitation - Letter Writing - Phone Calling - Record Keeping - are the areas people are asked to work in.

GROW stands for God Rewards our Work

Do you have the materials yet?

5. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

I would be very interested in hearing more about this program, as Sunday Night I am attending a meeting with our Church as starting an OutReach program. This sounds exactly like what we need!

Sherrie

6. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

My church used the G.R.O.W. program for the past 2 years. We assigned each Sunday School class, Preschool through Senior Adults, a "color"...Green, Red, Orange, White...get it? G.R.O.W.!

Our outreach is on Tuesday nights, so the Green team was the 1st Tuesday night of the month, Red team was the 2nd Tuesday night, etc. That way, each class was responsible for outreach only one night out of the month, yet our church was involved in outreach every week. (Our people tended to like that better than everybody having to go every Tuesday night.)

We printed out information on all the "first-time" visitors and attached the info to the appropriate Mapsco page for directions. We had church packets made up...brochures about the church, "What Baptists Believe" brochures, and any specific brochures we had, i.e., Music Ministry, Children's Ministry, Discipleship classes, etc. We also put an evangelism tract in each packet. Those who wanted to visit took a packet and the information on one (or more) visitors and went to visit them. We also had areas and materials set up at the church for those who wanted to write notes and we opened up a few staff offices so phones would be available for those who wanted to make calls.

"First-time" visitors were the first priority. If we ran out of those, then people could use the time to contact AWOL class members.

Those who went out to visit were asked to come back to the church and turn in a "report" of their visit. Those who stayed at the church and wrote notes or called were asked to turn in a "report" of who they contacted.

It actually was very effective. We had a large group every Tuesday night, and made TONS of contacts.

I attend a rather large church, but this also works well for smaller churches.

CJ

7. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Thanks for the insight, C-Junkie. I'm gathering that you thought it was a very effective program.

My thoughts are that any well-organized outreach program can have far-reaching effects not only on prospects, but on the members within the body. Did you find that to be true in your case?

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Thanks for all the info on the GROW program, I am going to look more into it. [​IMG]