1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SBC Messengers to Be Scrutinized

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, May 27, 2021.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Travel and vaccination tracking at Southern Baptists' (social-distanced and mask-compliant) Annual Meeting next month!

Christianity Today: Southern Baptists Prep for Biggest Convention in 24 Years

"more than 12,600 Southern Baptists plan to attend this year in Nashville, the convention’s biggest turnout since 1997....In April, the SBC announced that the meeting had moved from the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center to the Music City Center in downtown Nashville to accommodate the attendance levels and provide adequate social distancing."

"Convention personnel will track...travel histories and vaccination rates as well as compliance with safety protocols."

Info on "where attendees are traveling from as well as vaccination rates" said to be needed should there be a "COVID outbreak from the meeting":

The Tennessean: Southern Baptists to hold big gathering in Nashville

"Music City Center....will have extra personnel working on mask compliance"

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SBC done gone full blown Commie. If my church don't pull out I am going to pull out of my church. Bunch of Democrats.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh:Laugh:Laugh

Seriously though, I'm afraid the SBC is about to split over views of reality (epistemology) since so many have downed the Trump and QAnon Kool-aid.

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't like masks and vaccine tracking. I had Covid and thought it was a cold.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's strange how people react. My brother had it and it was like a bad flu (rested in bed, better in a week). A friend had it (in her early 20's) and it was like a very mild cold....except it ended with a stroke. We have had a few friends die, 5 workers at home with cold like symptoms and one in the ICU. Two friends lost their wives (one in her late 30's, the other 60). Two said they felt fine just no energy for a week. A relative (20) had very mild symptoms but ended up in the hospital months later (still struggling).

At least the Calvinists don't have to be concerned :Wink

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to doc who gave me Ivermectin and HCQ, the two together are jam up. He had Covid and was about to go into hospital. He gave them to himself. Got better within hours. Started using them on everyone then.

7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chances are, the Ivermectin and HCQ had nothing to do with your recovery. In controlled and blind studies, the use of HCQ had somewhat worse outcomes than no treatment at all.

Some people can fight off COVID-19 without medical intervention. Many cannot. You are probably one of those fortunate ones who has an immune system that could power through it.

Have you taken a COVID test and come out negative since your initial positive test?

8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My stepfather contracted COVID-19 in January and is still testing positive, even though he does not have overt symptoms except for mental cloudiness.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yep they are the liberal movement against their use is nothing but pure evil

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the views of trump aligned much more with the scriptures then president Obama or Biden have!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never have tested positive. Never been tested. Had antibody test done. It showed high levels of antibodies. Doc said I had Covid within last couple of months due to antibody levels.
    Hydroxy has done well in studies where used early. Ivermectin has done great in recent studies. I didn't take either. The time we have it narrowed down to is my sinus infection, bronchitis about a month ago.
    (Actually I did test negative. Just remembered they did some kind of active Covid test when they did antibody, pc something or another test)

#11 Reynolds, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell him to take Ivomec. My doc don't retest. Said new guideline is not to retest.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never understood the desire to turn to politicians for health care. I know Democrats who hated Trump for not demanding folks wear a mask, loved that Biden wore two, but all of a sudden they are not needed because the Biden Administration said so.

The liberal movement is a cult.

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An important report is being missed here, in part because some of it may be registered elsewhere. Reynolds wasn't the one being treated for COVID-19. Many times patients receive backup meds to have on hand, just in case, which sometimes turn out not to be needed, or only needed much later.

His doctor had COVID-19, was ready to be hospitalized, so took the meds (Ivermectin and HCQ) himself. They worked within hours and led to quick recovery, something reported in many other cases.

Chances of convincing such a doctor in such a situation that the meds were of no effect or even worsened his own condition are negative. That is, trying would only make you sound deranged, or like you were gaslighting, or worse. Quite reasonably he began prescribing them for other patients.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He won’t take anything but supplements. He doesn’t believe in COVID-19, and he believes he is smarter than any doctor.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the CDC said they were not needed for vaccinated persons in most instances, although they should be worn in large crowds or where others may have weakened immune systems. Remember, the masks were worn to protect OTHERS, not the wearer.

The concern, which has been resolved, was that vaccinated persons might still contract COVID-19 without symptoms (due to the vaccine), but she’s the virus to others while their immune system resolves the viral infection. The vaccines are more effective than expected, and there is no evidence of the viral pod getting high enough, in most cases, to shed the virus to others.

Since you were wrong about your premise, you conclusion is also wrong.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently we live around different Democrats, which is understandable.

Where I am (the Augusta area) the Democrats were very vocal about Trump's views even when it went along with the CDC. Against reassurances from the CDC they were not going to take "Trumo's vaccine. A week before the CDC stated masks can come off for vaccinated people they bashed Republicans for saying it was time to take masks off of they were vaccinated.

In fact, their argument was COVID is on the rise.

But less than a week later (4 days?) Biden announced masks can come off for vaccinated people and these cultists were amazed at the strides the Biden administration had made.

The liberal movement is a cult. You cannot change my mind about that. The problem is I believe the Republican conservative movement is as well.

But you have to remember I grew up listening to songs like War Pigs, so that - coupled with what I see in my ares (I don't watch the news) effects my conclusions.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, @Baptist Believer , there is a test.

Name 5 accomplishments of the Trump Administration.

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. The First Step Act (2018) - Criminal Justice Reform

2. The elimination of the ISIS caliphate (ISIS still exists and has not been “defeated”)

3. Passed a tax reform bill that had the effect of sending the stock market to new heights because of companies buying back their stock (the stock market is not “the economy”). If one owned a significant amount of stock prior to the passing of the bill, chances are that person saw a lot of gain in stock value.

4. For better or worse, appointed an enormous number of federal judgeships that had been vacant since the Obama Administration (Republicans blocked Obama’s nominations, including a Supreme Court nomination), so Republicans have a great number of qualified and unqualified judges in positions of influence for the foreseeable future.

5. Implemented “Operation Warp Speed” to fund vaccine development, production, and testing in record time, although many of his admirers refused to take the vaccine.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always have to ask (on both sides). I have encountered people who were disciples of either the DNC or the GOP.

I think his prison reform steps were also good. Keeping people locked up for decades when they committed a non-biolent crime can be extreme (I'm sure there are exceptions).

His peace deals in the Middle East, while not the level we would want, were good moves (had they not been undone). I think it was a good idea and could have increased pressure for a greater deal.

I also liked his funding of traditionally Black colleges. Historically they are always funded, but for a much shorter period and less funding. It was good to see a longer standing policy.

The main contribution (IMHO) was pointing out the "establishment" in both parties.

I had hoped the both the GOP and DNC would move away from the "old establishment", but I suspect Trump underestimated the political power they wield. Either way, we got a glimpse into the corruption of DC.

• Winner Winner x 1