1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SBC Pres Sounds Off on 'Duck Dynasty' Craze

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Sep 18, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Diana Chandler, the BP reporter, used the word "politics" in her first paragraph, not Luter. Nearly as I can tell, the use of the word by Luter was the bare mentione it received in the portion of his address quoted by Zaac in post #3.

My point, perhaps poorly presented, is that your mention of Luter's support of the Great Pretender is not germane to the discussion of his address to the SBC executive committee. His support of the Great Pretender is not germane to his position as SBC president. Your comment was uncalled for and irrelevant, turning as it did his very valid point regarding the need to preach the Word over all other messages in church Sunday morning into an indictment of his support for the man in the White House. So what? That doesn't matter here.

It was totally unnecessary to bring it up, because in light of the subject matter it had nothing to do with the address, and it did derail the thread. So now I'm done here. I'm simply trying to present a concept to you for your consideration, and if you don't want to consider it, fine. That doesn't call for a defense of your post. Good day.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I was actually attempting to connect the correctness of Luter's comments by showing a series of things that we do in the church. I mentioned with abortion, gays and other Christian values in a list of things we will applaud while acting like mice at the mention of the name of Jesus and that He saves.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We must confront sin, and yet can still love others!

you cannot pit one against the other, for God is BOTH judgement and mercy!

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I happen to agree with what Lutzer said. :)

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

If MISS KAY knew where these posts were headed----she'd come in here and snatch every preacher on the BB baldheaded!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Amen, and that he does and he does well.

revmitchell is way off track in his accusations -- and seems unremittingly angry about one thing or another.

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We aren't told to judge, in fact we are told to do the opposite of judge, love.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

We are indeed told to judge, but to do so righteously. We are to judge within the church. Doing so outside the church other than for the purpose of helping someone to understand that they are a sinner in need of a Savior really serves no purpose as they are unredeemed sinners doing what unredeemed sinners are supposed to do.

Our righteous judgment is intended to keep the lighthouse on the hill shining brightly.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

1 Corinthians, NASB
    1 Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints?
    2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts?
    3 Do you not know that we will judge angels ? How much more matters of this life?​
    Both, not just "love." 'Nuf said? Thought so ...

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible states that we are to love others, but also to rightly judge, as if we had for example a lesbian couple attending who were getting "married" should show them what the Bible states about that relationship!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    jesus said tojudge wiself/rightly, for by their fruits you shall know them!