1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SBC president endorses good stewardship, not global warming

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Page says his signature on the document in no way means he endorses human-induced global warming. "The secular news media unfortunately ... made it seem like it was a document that endorsed the more radical elements of global warming philosophy, which I do not .... In fact, the document said that 'if there is global warming, and if there is a human part of it, then we have to be responsible in our biblical stewardship," Page contends.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=72381

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ohhhh, Ahhhhhhhhh, my name is on the document .... but gee whiz, I didn't know what I was signing.

John Steward would love this one.

If he signed the document then he should have enough integrity to stand his ground and not try to weasle out of it. Seems a Senator Craig did that, as well as a whole bunch of others in the last 7 years or so.

It is the mentality of, don't hold me accountable for what I did, said, or signed. I was simply trying to stay on the winning side politically.

But then as Carlyle Marney said, "We Baptist preachers will always follow the monty. Just like quails that follow the corn right into the trap.

:laugh: