1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SBC Targeting Jews for conversion?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Mar 2, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The following was brought up on another thread...
    Thoughts and comments?

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Speaking from personal experience, a Jew is almost never won until some one is very nice and generous to them.

The Jews have the right to feel "targeted". If thaT IS THE AIM OF THE sbc AND MAKING IT A MATTER OF PUBLIC STATEMENT THEY "TARGET" jEWS, THEN THAT WOULD BE VERY OFFENSIVE TIO THE jEW. ( SORRY ABOUT HITTING THE CAPS LOCK)

i ADVISE ONE TO LOOK INTO MY FRIEND'S WEBSITE www.hopeofIsrael.org for how to witness and sucessfully win Jews, from a Jew: Brother K.Daniel Fried

3. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Did anyone see the Donahue show with rabbi Schmuley Boteach and Al Mohler discussing whether Jews needed Jesus to get into heaven? That was the first thing that the rabbi brought up. Does the SBC think that the Jews are not going to notice these statements? The SBC needs to get back to Kingdom business, and quit chasing every new Christian fad of the week and promoting it to the congregations that are under their umbrella.

4. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

In my experience, Jewish folks are supersensitive to any attempt to share the Gospel with them. I remember, for example, when I was the Baptist campus minister at George Washington University (incidentally, once a Baptist school, founded by Luther Rice), we were having a campus ministers' meeting, and in rushed the rabbi, complaining bitterly about the Gideons offering Psalms/New Testaments on the campus. He said it "traumatized" his students!! He then went on to say, "The University is no place for people to peddle their beliefs!" To which the Catholic chaplain, quite rightly, responded, "Rabbi, every professor in every classroom peddles beliefs every day. That is what a University is all about!" And I would say that we all have to reckon with the fact that there are plenty of religions, ideologies, and lifestyles out there trying to push their perspectives.

But it is a poor tactic to announce to people that they are going to be targets; what would you expect except defensiveness? And it does not take into account the special history of Jews through several centuries -- that "targeting" has usually been about genocide.

Win people, not categories.

5. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member