1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

School Omits 'Christ' from 'Silent Night,' Upsetting Parents

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I heard something about that and just read your link and it's the school district right next to us where we used to live - Kings Park! Can I just say - they're idiots. It's a CHRISTMAS song. You don't want religious references, don't sing Christmas songs. DUH!!! We're right next door in Northport and when my daughter was in the high school choir, they sang at least 1/4 spiritual songs in their concerts and I was surprised! EVERY concert was the same and they *gasp* didn't offend anyone. :D

Oh and I'd say the Kings Park district is mostly Catholic with some Jewish mixed in but very blue collar and definitely a large Catholic population. St. Joseph's is the parish where EVERYONE seems to go.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Unbelievable....If they are that offended by Christ then why do they even have a Christmas vacation or a chior signing Christmas songs. This is lunacy at its best. The NEA has brainwashed so many in the schools today that they really think they are doing good by shunning Christ everywhere they can. But I'll bet they glorify the Muslim faith in their text books.

Homeshool anyone?:smilewinkgrin:

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's quite believable. Keep preaching the Gospel and loving on them. The lost are supposed to en masse move further away from Christ as His return nears.

Love them all regardless of how they appear to be treating Christ and HE will be glorified.:flower:

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Brilliant post. The world is going to act like the world. They don't have Christ. It is our job to love them and show them Christ through our words and our love.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it has more to do with lawyers - all it takes is a threat of a lawsuit - and the schools are afraid ( and somewhat rightfully so) of an expensive lawsuit.

7. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You nailed it! That said, remember what King Herod tried to do to cut Christ out of the picture?

#7 Jedi Knight, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013