1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

School Shootings to coincide with Davidian Massacre 19/4

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Ben W, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Clearview investigates '4/19' graffiti reference

Thursday, April 13, 2006
    By Jim Six
    [email protected]

HARRISON TWP. -- A scrawled reference to "4/19," the date of the Branch Davidian fire in Waco, Texas and the Oklahoma City bombing, has turned up on a bathroom wall in Clearview Regional High School.

Police Chief Frank Rodgers said the graffiti, which also made an unspecified reference to Winslow Township High School, was discovered early this week.

Three Winslow students and a Hammonton High School student have been charged with plotting to kill 25 students and adults at Winslow. The plot has been compared to the massacre at Columbine High School in Colorado, in which two teenagers killed 12 students and a teacher before killing themselves. The Columbine massacre happened on April 20, 1999.

On April 19, 1993, after a 51-day siege at the David Koresh Branch Davidian complex near Waco, Texas, by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, 76 people died when the entire complex went up in flames.

The bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Okla., on April 19, 1995, killed 168 people and was the largest act of terrorism within U.S. borders until Sept. 11, 2001.

Rodgers said this is the third year graffiti references to April 19 have turned up at the high school.

He said the school and his department are investigating and that he would have extra police officers around the school.

Rodgers said the students will be on spring break until next Tuesday -- April 18.

http://snipurl.com/p637

2. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

What is the matter with kids nowadays? Have they lost their minds? Shortly after the shootings at Columbine, instead of being outraged at what happened, many kids thought it was cool and decided to imitate them. There were numerous reports around the country of teenagers dressing in long black coats and threatening to destroy their schools. One kid even brought a stick of dynamite on the school bus. It was confiscated from him.

3. brgalyon

brgalyon New Member

The sad thing is that they realy think it is cool. The other sad thing is that the world has become so far removed from God, that this is becoming the norm. The world has no hope and no example. We the Christian are partly to blame. We are not as vocal and stern as previous generations on the foundation and principles of Christ. The youth today need our prayers more than ever. I think the Devil has shifted towards the young, to try and prevent the furtherance of Christianity.

My .02

4. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

What's even sadder is when your school system has a "zero tolerance" law in place for drugs, alcohol, weapons and the zero tolerance is not enforced. I'm a teacher and I'm speaking from experience.

[ April 18, 2006, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: lgpruitt ]

5. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

No, igpruitt, I disagree...

No Zero Tolerance can replace Jesus and the Moral and Ethical Absolutes that He, and He alone, can place in a Child's Heart...

Zero Tolerance is a miserable failure it punishes the innocent infractrions with the same level of brutality as the intentional premeditated murderous ones...

That's *not* the kind of Justice Jesus brings...

Mike Sr.

6. Kilad

Kilad New Member

I agree zero tolerance is a miserable failure that punishes the innocent. It is too bad that they also show a zero tolerance policy twards Jesus in the classroom as well.

7. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Mr. Mike,
    I was referring to zero tolerance within a school system. When we have kids that bring guns, weapons and have even attempted rape brought back into the school system that the infraction was brought upon...it is wrong. These students are a danger to other innocent students. If they have to come back to school, send them to another school system with some sort of tracking system in place. But to walk a student back into a school system where they have broken the zero tolerance law is insane.

8. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

I work for the public school system and you're attacking me and the public school system. I do talk about Jesus in my classroom and my beliefs all the time. Could I get in trouble for this? Yes. Does it stop me? No. It's not my fault that the public school system has zero tolerance towards Jesus in the classroom.

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

In the classroom, Jesus is the personal saviour of persons, not of classes nor of schools nor of football teams.

Any teacher or administrator who forbids a child to pray quietly and privately should be taken to task.

10. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

We dare not forget that we are in a Spiritual War, first...

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

And, we dare not allow the line to blur as to where our True Allegience lies...

Whether, America, The Education System, or even your local pastor...

We have but one Lord, One King, One General and His Name is Jesus...

It is His banner of Love, Mercy and Justice that we can freely unite under in spite of denominational differences...

I am sorry if I have offended...

But, the plain fact is, is that of itself the US Educational System is the Enemy of Christ...

And, I am very thankful for all the Covert Operatives we have behind enemy lines...

But, please don't forget who your True General is...

For if Jesus is your True General then nothing I can say about the secular eductaion system can offend you because it's not *your* system...

You just work behind enemy lines there...

Mike Sr.

11. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

My God is my Savior...My Redeemer.....and My Lord.

12. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

In the classroom, Jesus is the personal saviour of persons, not of classes nor of schools nor of football teams.

Any teacher or administrator who forbids a child to pray quietly and privately should be taken to task.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I agree that children, teachers, parents, adults should be allowed to quietly pray each day at school. We have a time of silence in our school after The Pledge.(public school) Great point.

But how does zero tolerance punish the innocent? (within school?