1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Brockie

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Robert J Hutton, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Robert J Hutton

Robert J Hutton New Member

Warm Christian greetings!

I'm not sure if I have put this in the right section, but here goes...

Some months ago I read in the Evangelical press, here in England, of a Canadian Christian printer named Scott Brockie who was being taken to court by the Ontario Human Rights Organisation (or whatever it called itself!) because he would not do a printing job advertising some Gay venture/activity. Does anyone know what the outcome was?

Any help with relevant web site information would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Robert J Hutton

2. mesly

mesly Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doing a search on Yahoo turned up the following link: http://www.richvale.on.ca/Brockie.htm which contains an audio sermon by him which supposedly provides an update (I have not listend to it yet).

3. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

The latest news I could find comes from this page and is dated this July 5.

It says, essentially, that the Ontario Superior Court has ruled that Brockie was within his rights to refuse to do business with the Gay and Lesbian Archives (the organization that had originally approached him) because the nature of the work violated his freedom of conscience. Nonetheless, he was still required to pay the $5000 fine.

The decision of the court can be found here.

[ July 11, 2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Ransom ]

4. Robert J Hutton

Robert J Hutton New Member

Warm Christian greetings!

Thank you for the information given. No doubt the decision to uphold our brother's freedom of conscience is welcome, but I can't understand why he still has to pay a fine. This seems to me a contradictory judgement.

Kind regards

Robert J Hutton