1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scripture verse basis for bickering versions

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by psr.2, Aug 23, 2004.

1. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Charles do you have a full understanding of God?
    All of this bickering sows discord.
    Don't say they started it or you'll show your hand.

2. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

I am thankful some folks showed up to the thread and I hope we will all see that our time could be better spent.
    I have spent quite a bit of time here today but some of you live here.

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Psr2,

"I have spent quite a bit of time here today but some of you live here."

Gee, you've got 382 posts - that didn't take just a few minutes!

How do you expect anyone to see Christ in you when your speech is so spiteful and vitriolic! Plenty of KJVO brethren post here and most in a kind spirit. What does 1 Jn 4:20 say???

4. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Charles you apparently cannot read or comprehend well. I said very plainly I can play both ways but the folks here are all too quick to jump on someone that takes a stand for the KJB and then cry when they get it back. Dr. Bob is famous for snipping a post in response to his garbage.

5. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

What does 2 Tim. 4:2 say? Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
    15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

What did Jesus say in Rev.3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

6. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

CM: "How do you expect anyone to see Christ in you when your speech is so spiteful and vitriolic! Plenty of KJVO brethren post here and most in a kind spirit."

Psr2: "Charles you apparently cannot read or comprehend well."

Well you answered... sort of. :confused:

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

psr2, as a sister in Christ, I ask you to please apologize for making this very judgmental and unfair statement. You do not know our lives or how we may be serving Christ. My mv Bible is my anchor and has comforted me, encouraged me, convicted me, helped me witness daily (I have a website that attracts many unbelievers), and helped me grow in Christ.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread began with a general attack.

It has no purpose but to stir emotions.

Closed.