1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SDA Heresies

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Saved-By-Grace, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saved-By-Grace

Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From discussions on another thread with someone who calls themselves, "One Baptism", who is a member of the Seventh Day Adventist "church"; I thought it imperative that two points are taken from those discussions, to show what I believe, most, if not all SDA's adhere to concerning one of their "leaders", Mrs Ellen G White, who is still considered a "prophet" by some. These two issues alone would make the SDA , a "non-orthodox church", and place them in the class of "cult"

Firstly, we deal with the writings of Mrs White, which many in the SDA consider to be "inspired" in the SAME way of the Old Testament Prophets

"I do not follow sister Ellen G. White, I follow Jesus Christ, whithersoever he goeth, even as she, herself, did.

Are the Testimonies for the Church, written out by sister Ellen. G. White, inspired by God? Yes. Same inspiration that was at work in Enoch, Abraham, Moses, David, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, etc., John, Peter, Paul, etc. It is dangerous to ignore, and even moreso to mock at a prophet of God [I warn in charity [1 Corinthians 13 KJB"

(Saturday is the 7th day - the Bible Sabbath) look at #42

This is utter blasphemy! Here we have the writings of a woman, who made FALSE "prophecies" especially about the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, only to CHANGE them when they did not take place. And to teach that the "Scapegoat", which is a "type" of the Lord Jesus Christ, in the Old Testament, represented the devil, upon whom the sins of the world would ultimately be placed. BLASPHEMY! And, YET this FALSE teacher is classed among the godly true Prophets of the Holy Bible!

Secondly, this same Mrs White, also taught, that ALL Christians who worship the Lord on Sunday, which is seen from the New Testament, to those who will learn, to be the Day and not Saturday, which is the JEWISH Sabbath Day; will receive the "mark of the beast" of the Book of Revelation, and be damned to eternal punishment!

[For the NT evidence on Sunday worship, see, Saturday is the 7th day - the Bible Sabbath and comment #29. For early Church history on this, SUNDAY WORSHIP ]

This is from Mrs White's own writings

The Seal of God and the Mark of the Beast
    Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. Isa. 8:16.

The living righteous will receive the seal of God prior to the close of probation.

The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord's memorial of creation. . . . The mark of the beast is the opposite of this--the observance of the first day of the week.

Sunday keeping is not yet the mark of the beast, and will not be until the decree goes forth causing men to worship this idol Sabbath. The time will come when this day will be the test, but that time has not come yet.

No one has yet received the mark of the beast. The testing time has not yet come. There are true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion. None are condemned until they have had the light and have seen the obligation of the fourth commandment. But when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit Sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast.

If the light of truth has been presented to you, revealing the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, and showing that there is no foundation in the Word of God for Sunday observance, and yet you still cling to the false Sabbath, refusing to keep holy the Sabbath which God calls "my holy day," you receive the mark of the beast. When does this take place? When you obey the decree that commands you to cease from labor on Sunday and worship God, while you know that there is not a word in the Bible showing Sunday to be other than a common working day, you consent to receive the mark of the beast, and refuse the seal of God.

In a little while every one who is a child of God will have His seal placed upon him. O that it may be placed upon our foreheads! Who can endure the thought of being passed by when the angel goes forth to seal the servants of God in their foreheads?

Ellen G. White Estate: Daily Devotional - Maranatha

When I asked "One Baptism" if they agreed with Mrs White on those who worship on Sunday, this is the response I received:

"As for the last question, "... that Sunday worshipers will receive the "mark of the beast" in Revelation, and therefore be eternally damned?"

The answer is, "Yes.", not because she said so, but because scripture [KJB] itself says so, but that is a lengthier study, as it takes time to identify the "beasts" of Revelation 13, what the "mark" is, where it is placed in "hand" and in "forhead", what the "seal" is, the timeframe of the events, who "Babylon the great" is, and so on."

Saturday is the 7th day - the Bible Sabbath #42

So millions of born-again Christians, who have worshiped the Lord God of the Holy Bible on Sunday, are damned to hell!!

These are just two heretical teachings of the SDA "church", which are very serious and must be condemned.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Perhaps you should mention their heresy...loss of salvation.

God bless.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, indeed they have heretical teachings.

They along with multitudes of other cults and cult like "churches".

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Titus 3
    10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
    11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.