1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SDA - inspired writings?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by targus, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Darren

Darren New Member

I thought Bob said he wasn't an adventest. My bad. Then I suppose the suggestion was made on bad information.

As to my "righteousness"... it was a suggestion. Sorry to have offended you so by suggesting postponing until an actual SDA comes along, didn't seem offensive to me. My mistake if there already are a few, but that's a mistake. I didn't say I was better than anyone, or knew more. It is true that this discussion seems to have people getting rather upset. You're right, I'll stay out of it, since that's my place. I just felt something was wrong.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    At Jesus' resurrection -- but as Jesus said even then "I have not YET ascended to my Father" John 20.

That would happen shortly.

in Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good points. While it is true that I am SDA it is also true as you may have gathered from my posts - I am interested in "Bible substance" not simply the whining that sometimes passes for a doctrinal POV.

that is why I try to find something in GE's argument that actually has a point to it - and then contrast that to what the bible says. At some point he might throw away the shovel to come up and join me.

As you point out -- no matter who you are discussing doctrine with - it pays to "know your bible" simple ranting at them about "what someone said they believe" or "making stuff up" as GE does -- has no substantive value at all in it. It is not a compelling form of debate or Bible study.

At some point everything comes down to "sola scriptura" the Bible and the Bible alone. That is where all doctrine must stand or fall.

Blessings to you.

in Christ,

Bob

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bob Ryan, you are sealed; you are a sealed. It is clear.

I ask anyone who might have read this thread, Are any of you prepared to answer my questions: Did the Father raise Christ from the dead? Did Jesus give His Spirit to God the Father when He died on the cross?

I shall - I honestly mean it from the bottom of my heart - be very thankful to receive your answers.

No one would know, therefore I confess on this board this moment, I don't know why - it's no concern of any of you - I simply cannot help!How I cried almost all night last night. God heard me. I cried, because of many things, also because of Bob Ryan. I cried because in a very short time I lost my father and my mother, and my older brother, and a few weeks ago, my dearest (remaining) sister. She died of a carcinoma of the brain, after four months she contracted it. I cried because she so wonderfully supported me in my discovery (to me it was a discovery) of the Resurrection-Faith of Jesus Christ. She shared my faith, and she gave direction with my studies. We went on holiday just after she heard of her illness - I insisted, and she told us the most wonderful night of her life was one evening Tussen die Riviere as we watched the stars. Never were the stars so beautiful, she told us. She told me, it is most wonderful, Jesus rose from the dead on the Sabbath Day. She said she longed to soar the heights of the heavens, to touch the light, which Isaiah promised the Sabbath keeper. We have talked of Isaiah 58 being a Prophecy of Jesus Christ in resurrection from the dead.

So here I sit, sobbing as I type. God alone is able to make one see. I am so thankful God made my sister see, and believe, and enjoy! And myself.

Thank you all for having patience with me.

Gerhard Ebersoehn

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Darren'

There is something very wrong with this thread. It is one's refusal to admit truth - the most basic of Christian Truth, which is the resurrection of Jesus Christ by God the Father; that's what's wrong with it! I have been batling to show it. I have lost my temper, and transgressed the law of love; I have comitted every possible sin I accused others of, but to no avail. I have been rude, and even sarcastic - which thing I pride myself I never succumb to, yet, in vain!

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am truly sorry to hear about your loss GE -- my prayers go with you.

in Christ,

Bob

7. Darren

Darren New Member

Very sorry about that, Gerhard. I understand why you were getting angry now. Well sorry for the loss, just take solace in the fact that you will see them all once again, I'm very sure, in a land where you will never again be separated.

I don't know how valuable this is, coming from a man you all now know disagree with so much normal Christian doctrine, but yes, I believe very firmly Jesus is risen from the dead. Not only that, but so we shall all rise, and be renewed (well... save for certain individuals, I'm not at all a universalist). God's death came to save us all from our sins, and His resurection showed His power over the grave as well and determined that He is still with us today.

#107 Darren, May 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008