1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SDA Sabbath keeping?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by targus, May 22, 2015.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

DHK. You do see thet that scripture says nothing about Paul going to the Jews

3. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Scripture from Paul

Romans 11:13

"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles,..."

Can you show me where Paul went to speak to the Jews?

Ya know. Like scripture below for the 12

Matthew 10:5-6 (KJV)
    5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
    6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

#143 Chowmah, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No. I only see that you have not studied your Bible.

Act 13:5 And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.

when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
    Act 13:15 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
    Act 13:16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.

Act 14:1 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

Act 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
    Act 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Act 17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

Paul's habit was to go to the Jews first and then to the Gentiles.
    Study your Bible.

5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Acts 9:15-16 (KJV)
    15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
    16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Found another

Should a known that Feldick guy wasnt tellin the truth. Should have known. Hes a rapturist

#145 Chowmah, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't know who you are talking about. This has nothing to do with any position of any kind. I simply went through the book of Acts starting with Paul's first missionary journey and gleaned the verses straight from my Bible without consulting anyone.
    Your argument, or if I understand you correctly, perhaps it is his argument, is with the Word of God.

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Irrefutable..

And it is not as though the gentiles of the "whole city" were always in the synagogue on Sabbath.

If Paul HAD a "week-day-1" service to invite them to -- he did not let them know about it!!

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What is irrefutable?
    Jesus told Peter (and thus Paul) "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
    --A good fisherman goes where the fish are. That is what Paul was doing.

What does it say:
    PAUL, AS HIS MANNER WAS, went in unto them, and three SABBATH DAYS reasoned with them out of the scriptures
    --This was his manner; his habit; his way of doing things.
    Why? This is where "the fish" were.

He went to the Jews first and then to the Greeks.
    Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

He went to the Jew first, and then to the Gentile. That is how Paul operated. It had nothing to do with worshiping on the Sabbath. Besides, he wasn't "worshiping," as such. He was teaching and preaching the gospel, and many times he got thrown out!!

Never in a synagogue did he have such liberty as to worship as he did here on the first day of the week:
    Act 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
    Act 20:8 And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.
    Act 20:9 And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.
    Act 20:10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.
    Act 20:11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.
    Act 20:12 And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.

This meeting lasted about 12 hours. They broke bread (The Lord's Table) preached and preached some more. There is nothing like this in any of the synagogues.

Paul was a fisher; he went where the fish were.

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Irrefutable..

And it is not as though the gentiles of the "whole city" were always in the synagogue on Sabbath.

If Paul HAD a "week-day-1" service to invite them to -- he did not let them know about it!!

ACTS 13 [42] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, THE GENTILES besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.[43]

It is the GENTILES asking for more Sabbath Services - the Jews had left.

It is the GENTILES that show up the next Sabbath - almost the entire city in fact.

It is Paul NOT even hinting at "well we have a worship service TOMORROW on week day one if you don't want to wait a week to hear more".

That is ONE week-day-1 service held because Paul was ready to depart. IF it began in the day time then at night it is a week-day-2 SERVICE not week-day-1.

If it began at night as week-day-1 then the next day is ALSO week-day-1 where Paul plans to violate any and all observance of it with a long voyage scheduled. A thing Paul would not do even on the feast of unleavened bread according to Luke in the book of Acts.

there is NO week-day-1 after week-day-1 services in the NT as we see in Acts 13 for Sabbath services... as we see in Acts 17, as we see in Acts 18 for Sabbath services.

in Christ,

Bob

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What can I say about your conclusions Bob? They are hardly worth refuting. Here is my conclusion:

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good stuff, Bob Ryan because it's essentially Scripture stuff [for a rare change from you, I have to mention]. Nevertheless, let DHK comment whatever he will . . . <<<What can I say about your conclusions Bob? They are hardly worth refuting. Here is my conclusion:
    Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.>>>

DHK, that’s exactly—I think—what them Jews snarled at the Gentiles in Pesidia! They loved to use Jesus’ words out of context and judgmentally, like in Matthew 27, “This deceiver said . . .” or Annas who was the Jew who told the leaders, It is better that one die than all of us, INSTEAD OF BE SAVED. They sought witnesses against Jesus, but their testimonies clashed.

#151 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
  12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This time around, Bob's <conclusions> are Scripture based and not worth trying to refute because what is Scripture is certain and irrefutable.