1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SEARCH stopped working in XP2 SP2

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by DQuixote, Jul 1, 2007.

1. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

In Windows XP2 SP2 I click on START, then SEARCH, and enter my search criteria. It has stopped working. I can't find anything using it. It will search all day without finding anything. How do I renew the SEARCH function?

:wavey: :godisgood: :thumbs: :type:

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might search microsoft's site about your problem. Off the top of my head I would wonder if it was related to what the service man did, then would wonder if I needed to do a goback or restore but that is a real pain and don't forget to backup your data. I'd lean toward the first (repairman)

3. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Apparently, he did. He switched it to indexing service, which effectively locks out normal searching.

I finally contacted an online support service in Canada, gave the guy remote control of my computer. It took him 40 minutes to make everything work properly. $89.95 for 60 minutes, so I have 20 minutes left over if I want to get in touch with them again.

Thanks to everyone who read my OP.

:jesus: :godisgood: