1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Second time preaching at an abortion mill.

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by 5 point Gillinist, Feb 11, 2022.

1. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday (2-10-2022) myself and a brother from my church went back out again to preach at the local abortion clinic, and then to the local planned parenthood for the last two hours.

We got there early slightly before the Catholics, though I think they thought we were joining them. It seemed like they thought we were auxiliary member of their group - my friend and I decided that we are going to need to make clear that we are separate groups with separate goals (more on that later).

Not much to report for the majority of the time, we began at 09:30 and stayed till around 11:45 at the first clinic. Quite few cars there for abortions, probably a fifteen, none stopped to talk. One man drove back out after he dropped his significant other off to murder their child and asked where the nearest gas station was.
    I got into a "discussion" with the security guard who lives in the basement, and he called the police on me for not having a handheld sign, but one that I rigged up to stand on it's own.
    As we were packing up the Officer showed up, he was very polite and gave us the city ordinance. He apparently deals with Carl the security guard frequently (Carl makes nuisance calls frequently to PD). I was able to give the Officer a gospel tract as well.
    What Carl meant for evil God meant for good.

We showed up at the planned parenthood which is in a very rough neighborhood. The Catholic group had already had two members out there standing with signs.
    Now the group is made up of Catholics, Non-Catholic Christians, and non believers, and this is where the problem lies. There is no firm foundation or clear goal, their organization is not strictly Christian, therefore does not necessarily preach the gospel.
    Upon arrival one of the guys got into an argument with a bum, and pulled a knife on him. The man used much foul language and threatened to kill the bum. This is absolutely a reason why we will not partner with unbelievers, Catholics, Muslims etc. the gospel is the focus, and when you have anyone and everyone the goals, morals, and beliefs are a mixed bag, and it is more or less simply moralism.

We stayed out at the Planned Parenthood for the remaining time, but there weren't many people there. This is likely due to the fact that this specific PP only offers the abortion pill. We were packing it up when a young hispanic woman and her little boy, as well as her mother came around the side looking for the entrance.
    Apparently the young woman was pregnant, and was looking for info on how far along she was, and was loosely toying with the idea of an abortion.
    We were able to have a wonderful conversation with her, the gospel was preached, we told her that we could assist her financially if she decided to keep the child, or that we would adopt her child. We gave her my number, and the name of our church, and she said towards the end that she was thinking that she was going to go to her sister's home and ask if she would like to adopt her child once it was born (her sister had offered to do so, but the young woman is apparently a drug addict and didn't want to give birth to a child that might have issues resulting from her addiction).
    This was the God ordained appointment that He had for us that day. It didn't feel like we had accomplished much, but after that we had great joy, and were excited that this young woman showed both an interest in the gospel, and an interest in keeping her child.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonderful! God bless you for your faithfulness.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Continue holding the truth and hope to those in this precarious state.

We never worried about "Group affiliation". If Mormons and Catholics are there with Baptists, it can be encouraging. I would warn about on-site visiting with other protestors of such denominations. Do it at another time. Invite them to warm up with coffee. Present a united image to those you are trying to reach, and deal with divisive issues privately

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the city of the mill?

5. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist