1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Secret Service Agent Says Cheney Drunk

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by RockRambler, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

It would prove that the load Cheney was using the type of load that needed to be used for quail hunting, that is if he actually shot his gun. But we will never know because a REAL investigation was not conducted.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh puh leeze!

Amateur investigators abound. :rolleyes:

3. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Oh puh leeze is right!Take up for Cheney when you have not countered anything I have posted that questions the legitamicy of the investigation done on Cheney's hunting accident.
    It's O.K. Carpro if you want to join the other naysayers. [​IMG]

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The reports already gave all the information we needed to know about the load he was using. 28 gauge 3/4 oz of #7 1/2 lead shot. We don't need an empty case to tell us how impossile it is to put 200 pieces of lead out of 259 into a man sized target at 30 yards Rocko9. All we had to do is the math. We've done that thus proving their first reaction was to lie and the second to cover it up.

The image belies the amount of room that is available to the faithful in the sandy hole, btw. ;)

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, but, but we neeeeed that spent cartridge to seal the case. ;)

6. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

The best thing to do is go hunting in Vietnam....Cheney has never taken a weapon and shot it over there.

7. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/cheney3.htm
    Cheney could leave much sooner than in 3 years:

Senior GOP sources envision the retirement of Mr. Cheney in 2007, months after the congressional elections. The sources said Mr. Cheney would be persuaded to step down as he becomes an increasing political liability to President Bush
    The sources reported a growing rift between the president and vice president as well as their staffs. They cited Mr. Cheney's failure to immediately tell the president of the accidental shooting of the vice president's hunting colleague earlier this month. The White House didn't learn of the incident until 18 hours later.
    Oh and Carpro, not that it is important or anything but that spent shell casing probably got Fed Ex'd to Syria the same place where Sddam sent his WMD's. ;)

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Amen to that!

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Yet another irrelevant comment! It was a hunting accident. It has nothing to do with military service - pro or con - just a hunting accident that, thankfully, didn't turn out as badly as it could have.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Do you have some first hand inside information to prove your slanderous comments? </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't think so!

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Do you have a solid basis to support your slanderous accusation that the investigation was not "real"? Do you have some first hand inside information - something factual not speculative - you'd like to share with us to that effect.

Has the victim filed a criminal or even civil compliant about what happened?

Has any credible witness stepped forward to make a sworn statement of facts that anything other than a simple hunting accident occurred?

12. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

OOOH ouch. Is that the best you can do Dragoon?
    You never answered my question as to how you would have conducted this type of investigation, but you don't have to we can see where your blind loyalties lie.
    [​IMG]Hey! Is it it getting dark in there yet?

13. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Nope! No credible witnesses have been found. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

15. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I didn't realize you'd asked me that question but it really doesn't matter what I'd do nor what any of the rest of us would do since we're not the responsible authorities in this matter. It was a hunting accident - not some criminal act - that's been investigation by the responsible authorities. No complaints have been filed by either the victim or witnesses. The explanations given by the persons involved and those who witnessed what happened fit the physical evidence of what seems to have happened. Unless someone were looking for a grand conspiracy there'd be no reason to continue wasting time on an extensive law enforcement investigation for pure political reasons. Are you looking for such a conspiracy?

No, I see just fine from where I'm standing.

16. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Conspiricy? No But I can understand why Cheney would use stall tactics. I can understand why Cheney used poor judgement when he disregarded common sense safty rules for hunting.Something impaired his judgement, what was it ? One beer, two beers, a six pack?
    So tell me Dragoon what do you think impaired Cheney's judgement when he accidentally shot Ol' Harry. Maybe he is just plain stupid.
    [​IMG]Can I get you a light?

17. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

From what we've heard from the persons involved and the witnesses present I think he made a mistake that, fortunately, didn't turn out as badly as it could have.

People can be careless but even careful people have accidents. Even trained people - especially trained people - who become too familiar and too comfortable with their firearms or their tools or their cars or whatever can make bad mistakes. Accidents often involve a combination of errors from one or more persons or circumstances. Accidents are a fact of human error. They are "stupid" in retrospect but until you've been there, seen a lot of them, maybe even tripped a few times, it's real easy to call someone stupid for something they sincerely regret and something that could happen to any one of else in our moments of "stupidity".

No thanks on the light, I can see just fine from where I'm standing.

18. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Dragoon68,
    I accept your apology for Cheney's stupidity.
    But as far as the investigation goes,even the Sheriffs dept stated that Cheney and his party should have made thier statements sooner while it was fresh in thier minds.There would be no doubt about what impaired Cheney's judgement had there been a REAL investigation.
    Cheney could use a good ol' boy like you in his Secret Service entourage at least he could feel secure that you would never "Kiss and Tell".

19. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

What makes you so sure you can't get a good tight pattern at 30 yards with the particular gun and ammunition used? What was the barrel length and choke of this custom shotgun? Do you have that information? Was the 30 yards a measured distance carefully made on the scene or just a rough approximation given by witnesses? Was it actually 20 or 25 yards given that people are often way off on measure of distance especially following such an incident.

If a crime had been committed a witness test of the weapon would be performed but since no complaints of such have been filed, and no evidence of such has surfaced, no such test has been performed.

All these, and many more, are things that would be explored in great detail if - IF - this was a criminal investigation or if - IF - there'd been a fatality but that's just not the case here. This was a non-fatal hunting accident as attested by everyone involved including the victim - the person actually shot - and so law enforcement didn't and doesn't need to do such an investigation.

Therefore, all the speculation in the world about what happened - even the typical ballistics - is just that - pure speculation otherwise known as nasty rumors. The case is closed except in the media which continues to wish this incident to be more than it was.

20. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

There's no need to start on me, Rocko9! You've taken on the big fish already.