1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Secret Service Denies Suskind's Account

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bible-boy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Read the full article here. It certainly calls the detail of Suskind’s book into question…
    Source: http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/suskind_khosa/2008/08/25/124743.html

2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Oh yeah, and just to double check the info provided in the article I am going to show it to my boss and see how he remembers the White House basement. He was a Secret Service Agent on Presidential detail under President G. H. W. Bush (41) and the earlier part of the Clinton Administration.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

If the story were true why would the Secret Service admit it? We need to get some of the Bush administration officials on the stand under oath before we have any chance to know the truth. Do you really consider NewsMax to be a trustworthy news source?

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

When I talk to my boss, a fellow believer who has been there and who is still involved in local law enforcement, I'll let you know what he has to say about the White House basement and if the Secret Service would bring a suspected bomber/terrorist into the White House for interogation.

Why should it not be considered trustworthy? Oh wait, that's a topic for another thread.

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Rather than chace a red herring about the trustworthiness of NewsMax, a better question would be is Ronald Kessler a reliable news reporter and author?

Judge for yourself:

Ronald Kessler's Bio: http://www.ronaldkessler.com/bio.html

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

According to Suskind's book:

Yep, that really sounds like the White House doesn't it, "dark, dank, and horrific"? Please...:tonofbricks:

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel." Matthew 23:24

Suskind's book added to all the other evidence that's been piling up against the neocon Bush administration lately can only lead to one conclusion.

We were all duped by a gaggle of Machiavellian miscreants. Well, some of us were anyway. And some still continue to revel in the dupification.

#7 poncho, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Suskind's book is based on hearsay, rumor, innuendo and anonymous opinion.

Why would anyone be surprised that it's mostly false?

9. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

You have introduced another informal fallacy. This one is ad ignorantiam ("To ignorance"). An informal fallacy in which a conclusion is supported by an illegitimate appeal to ignorance, as when it is supposed that something is likely to be true because we cannot prove that it is false (Copi & Cohen, Introduction to Logic, 10th ed., 679).

Oh and I did not get to see my boss today to ask him about the White House basement because he left just before I came in to start my shift. Maybe Friday...

#9 Bible-boy, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Not much different than the neocon's "reasons" to invade Iraq then eh?

Y'all believed them and they turned out to be mostly false. Now all you're left with is trying to discredit anyone who finds even more evidence to add to the pile.

Suskind is kind of a non story at this time anyway. There's enough evidence already to draw the conclusion the neocons lied and manipulated their way to war. But if it makes you feel any better they weren't the first adminstration to do that.

They were just the ones dumb enough to try to do it in the internet age.

11. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Once again, the topic of this thread is about Ronald Kessler's article calling Suskind's account of a man who was supposedly taken into a Secret Service interogation room in the basement of the White House for questioning. This thread is not about the war in Iraq or the just cause (Iraq's failure to abide by the terms of the 1991 US/Iraqi Cease-fire Agreement) for returning to a state of hostilities in Iraq. If you can't discuss the subject at hand then please don't attempt to drive the thread off topic.

12. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Well as promised I had my boss, an ex-Secret Service Agent who served on the Presidential Detail, read the article and he said that no such interrogation room exists below the Oval Office in the basement of the White House.

He also said that the Secret Service would never bring a person suspected of trying to bomb the White House actually inside the White House.

He also said that the loaded language used to describe the "interrogation room" ("plain concrete walls, table, two chairs, a single naked bulb for light, dark, dank, and horrific") is just nonsense.

So I'll take the word of a man I know and trust with my life over that of a disgruntled author of a "tell-all" piece of nonsense.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I understand. Providing background information and filling in the blanks won't be allowed in your threads. :rolleyes:

#13 poncho, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  14. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

You know the great thing about being able to put posters that you think are just trolls on your ingore list is that not only will you never get a PM from them, but the BB is designed so that you never see the content of their posts again.:thumbs:

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

:laugh:

See no evidence, hear no evidence, speak no evidence.

Creed of the perfect global citizen! Congratulations! :thumbs: :wavey:

18. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

My problem with Suskind is that he has written a book that is full of innuendo and half-truths (or is that half-lies?) and liberal Dems and goofy CT nuts have eaten it up and are now running around quoting from it as if it were the Bible. Now, according to my boss who is an ex-Secret Service Agent who served on the Presidential security detail, the story Suskind has tried to pawn off on the American public about this terrorist suspect being taken into an interrogation room in the basement of the White House directly under the Oval Office is completely false.

So other than the fact that the man is a liar and has no problem misleading the American public, I guess I really don't have a problem with him.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Then that would make your love of anything neocon totally hypocritical as they are guilty of the very same things you accuse this man Suskind of doing.

Good thing you can't see my posts or I might be forced to post that whole mountain of evidence on BB again for the umpteenth time..but that would violate your rule of not allowing contrary evidence into your threads wouldn't it? Guess you got this whole debate thing all figured out. :smilewinkgrin:

#19 poncho, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008