1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Security or Hysteria?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 24, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I say---hysteria! Partly pointing the blame to news media

Good link, KenH---the dude made sense!!

My dad was 11 years old when the Japs bombed Pearl!!---of course, you have to keep in mind---my dad was a "hick" whos family lived in the woods with no TV---and only one radio in the whole community---if the news was spread from radio---it went from mouth to mouth!!

Anyway---the Japs bomb on Sunday---it was Tuesday before his family received the news---then at school---all the boys got together and was questioning the teacher----"Where the heck is Pearl Harbor??"
    "I didn't even know we had a Navy!"

Then

the news spread that people were ordered to "black out" their windows at night to prevent light from shinin' through---makeing for an easy target----well---they didn't worry about it because---they didn't HAVE lights!!

Hysteria----99% of Americans are walking around as sheep without a shepherd----Oh, we may know that "dub" is in the White House---we may know the whereabouts of the 7th Fleet or whether or not the 1st Air Cav is "over here" or "over there"---but Americans don't know where their Shepherd is---and thus the hysteria----and then the news media goes on like every goon who is strapped to a vested bomb--is equivalent to what came out of the belly of Enola Gay!!!

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

When hysteria rules the people demand action and the government regulates what can be regulated. It may "feel good" to some but has little effect except to encumber the compliant.

Our government needs to make war on our enemies abroad, secure our borders, and such things as no individual could hope to accomplish. At home, let us all carry our own weapons as we travel about, ban together when needed, and we'll be just fine. Responsible citizens can take care of themselves most of the time despite what some believe. We've been spooked into believing we can't trust one another.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this Dragoon very much. The main question I have is who benefits from the hysteria?

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Edward R. Murrow