1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

See Ohio Ballot and How Anti-Bush it is

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by leesw, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

We have electronic in our county, and they work very nicely. But, I am not educated on the potential fraud problems of electronic vs. other methods.

I know that write-ins work, because a few years ago I wrote in Dale Earhnardt for congress, and went back the next day to verify my vote. It was counted.

But, with any system, you should carefully study the procedure so as not to make mistakes.

2. Elnora

Elnora New Member

It was designed knowing that any reasonable person assumes the arrow pointing to the name is the correct line. It's deceptive and flat wrong!

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I agree with the poster on FreeRepublic.com:

Looks like a Photoshop job to me. Someone seems to have removed the "1" on both the Badnarik and Bush lines.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I happen to agree. I was going to mention it earlier. The photo looks doctored. Note that the edges near some of the numbers look like they've been copied & pasted.

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Looks like the Florida ballot against Gore last election. Maybe they took it from them.

6. Pennsylvania Jim

How, looking at one sketchy picture, can you determine not only the quality of the ballot but the intention of the designer?

Until I had reason to think otherwise, I would assume that Ohio has more control over their ballot process than to simply allow the GOP or DNC to rig the ballot up front.

Ballot designs are subject to intense scrutiny and a lot of checks and balances, along with strict procedures. Not that that insures that they will always be great, but it does preclude the kind of simple trickery implied here.

7. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Living in Ohio, I have no problem seeing the intent of the ballot. The number after the name indicates the box the voter needs to punch. The arrows merely indicate that the punches need to be made on the page to the right, not on the page with the candidates' names. Anti-Bush? Not at all!

8. Pennsylvania Jim

Keith knows how to follow simple instructions. He is one of the ones who should be allowed to vote.

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

We didn't have those types of ballots today. They were very simple, and you colored in the oval by the candidate you were voting for. [​IMG] They weren't listed closely together.
    The only problem I had was that the door was locked when I went, but I think that was someone walking out who accidentally clicked it, a few minutes later when I went back it was fine.

Bit of amusement on the way out...my daughter stuck a sticker on me that says "I voted today", as I walked out the lady at the desk handed me another and I stuck it on my other shoulder. As I walked out the door a guy jokingly said "hey, she voted twice!" I ran for the door to avoid any ensuing scandals...LOL

PAJim, quit being so mean about people who might misunderstand the ballot! I'm sure you're not perfect in every way and could make an honest mistake over something that isn't that hard to grasp, ok? You don't have to be mean and nasty and imply that people who might make that mistake shouldn't be allowed to vote! :(

Gina

10. Dale

Dale New Member

It is funny to me how that one side says grow up and read if a ballot seems easy for one side...but they say it is unfair if it is the other way around.

Politics are dirty, plain and simple.
    On both sides.

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Gina: [​IMG]

You got it wrong this time, Dale - Pennsylvania Jim is an odd fellow on the third side.

Hey, that's what Jim is constantly harping on!

12. Dale

Dale New Member

Yes, good old Photoshop which I have. when you understand just what it can do...it makes you think twice before believing what you see in pictures these days, especially low quality jpegs

13. Dale

Dale New Member

You got it wrong this time, Dale - Pennsylvania Jim is an odd fellow on the third side.

Hey, that's what Jim is constantly harping on!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Jim is right then [​IMG]

14. Dale

Dale New Member

15. Dale

Dale New Member

Now I have posted yet another photo, only this time showing that it is "unfair" for the democrats since they are now at number 16 as opposed to 6 like before.
    Again, this is a fake, just as I am sure the first one was.
    Don't believe everything you hear peopl.!

16. Dale

Dale New Member