1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seeker-Friendly Church Gimmick

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rolfe, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tower of Babel:eek:... With a slide!:Roflmao... Brother GlenConfused

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Almost as much fun as a fire truck baptistry with flashing lights, sirens, and bells for preschoolers (Ronnie Floyd's church).

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're currently between churches and looking for a church. You'd be amazed at some of the things that pop up on my Facebook page to try to lure us into some of the churches around here.

They tell us to come and bring the family to the church where they'll have circus performers, motorcycles, rock bands, and, this being Florida, an alligator wrestler.

I took the time to write back and explain why we weren't interested and what we were looking for in a church (I know it's a robo-ad and they don't actually read responses, but I was bored). The entertainment director they call a pastor wrote me back and told me my children would love the entertainment. I told him I was sure they would enjoy it, but that's not what they need. They have plenty of other opportunities for entertainment, and that we are looking for a church where our family can go to hear the preaching and teaching of God's Word, celebrate the ordinances of the Church with our brothers and sisters in Christ, where we would learn to continue to grow in Christ, and where our spiritual gifts would be cultivated in order to edify the Body and, in turn, be edified.

He called me a Pharisee.

But I must admit, entertaining goats has been very lucrative for this church. They have five campuses (campi?) now and I see their bumper stickers everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neo-Evangelicalism at work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am so sorry. I am active on an Christian apologetics board where nearly everyone complains of how hard it is to find a biblical church. Me included.

I tend to Free Will Baptist or Independent Fundamental Baptist, but so many churches I agree with on doctrine are into emotionalism, have seeker driven pastors with pseudo-biblical sermons, or make grave doctrinal mistakes. Like making women into mixed-sex assembly teacher/leaders. I was going to SBC churches, but differences on doctrine, charismatic influence, seeker driven stuff, and creeping liberalism led me away.

I am going back to First Baptist Orlando, but that is a kind of last resort, because the working professionals segment of that church tend to be biblically illiterate from all of my discussions.