1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seeking short-term missions help

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by RGVBaptist, May 9, 2017.

1. RGVBaptist

RGVBaptist New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings folks! I'm a newbie here but I hope I'll find a warm welcome. My name is Aaron Freeman and I'm a veteran independent Baptist church-planting missionary serving the Lord along the Mexico border in southern Texas (on the US side). In 2018 we'll be celebrating 10 years on the field. As part of this celebration we're planning a special event called a "Border Surge". In essence, we're looking for individuals and groups to join together with us for 8 weeks (or more) of evangelistic outreaches. We don't expect any one person or group to stay all 8 weeks, of course. Rather, we are looking to host 8 separate 1-week mission trips back-to-back. We'd like to have 25 (or more - no limit) participants in each week. We realize there are very few churches that can send 25 participants by themselves and so we're expecting to combine individuals and groups from multiple churches each week. Hopefully that all makes sense!

We are of course reaching out to our supporting churches but given the extent of the need (200 people minimum) I figured I'd also reach out and begin to make new contacts. We'd love to meet some new folks and work with you in getting the Gospel out in our community. Of course, I realize you'll want to know a lot more about us and our ministry. Our personal website is at Ministerios Bautistas Fundamentales. We haven't been on deputation for years so it's somewhat outdated, but at the very least you can find our doctrinal statement there, as well as some basic information regarding our sending church and mission agency. You can also visit our church website at http://www.IglesiaBautistaEsperanza.org. Don't worry - you have the option to view the site in English or Spanish!

For more information on the Border Surge itself you can use the following link:

http://www.rgvbaptist.com/Prayer_Letters/2017_05_May.pdf

That links to a copy of our most recent prayer letter which includes 3 extra pages of information regarding the Border Surge.

I apologize for the long post but look forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully having the opportunity to meet you in 2018. Feel free to respond here, email me at [email protected] or call/text me at (956) 849-4393.

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board, Brother Freeman.

• Like Like x 1