1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selected quotes

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by av1611jim, Apr 4, 2005.

1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

And the battle rages on! Many are mourning the passing of the Late John Paul II.
    I take no pleasure in the death of a man.
    That being said; there seems to be a dialogue about the "goodness" of that man and his "preaching" Jesus.
    It was JPII's lifelong passion to elevate Mary to the title "Co-redemtrix" with Christ.
    Evidence follows;

http://marymediatrix.com/mim/

"Hence, the mission of the Church to save souls postulates a unique presence of the Virgin Mother in the Church, especially at the moment of eucharistic Sacrifice and Communion, a prolongation of her presence in the life of the Savior and at its consummation on Calvary. This presence in turn presupposes in her a singular grace, the grace of a unique "preservative" redemption. Thereby the Redeemer, by the merits of His Cross, preserved the Virgin from all taint of original sin, thus preparing her to be His Mother and ours as well.

Her role, then, as Mother of the Church and of all the faithful, consummated under the Cross in the maternal sacrifice of her Heart transpierced, is made possible by this singular grace of her Immaculate Conception. Her "preservation" from sin is the means by which the Savior effects our "liberation" from sin. That is why He insists with Nicodemus that one cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, unless born again of water and the Holy Spirit, that is to say, unless we become children of Mary and of the Church."

"The distinctive feature of missionaries with this vow is their "transubstantiation" into the Immaculate so as to become her property and possession, as it were making it possible for them to say: "It is no longer I who live, but the Immaculate who lives in me."

In order to appreciate why the late Pope Paul VI said that one could only be Christian and Christ-like to the degree one is Mary-like, the MIM recommends for mediation and spiritual reading the book of Fr. Stefano M. Manelli: All Generations Shall Call Me Blessed. Biblical Mariology, especially as a guide to the "seven key biblical passages on Mary": Gen 3:15; Lk 1:28; Lk 1:43; Jn 2:1 ff; Jn 19:27; Acts 1:14; Apoc 12:1 ff). In this way the members of the MIM will come to see why the spirituality of total consecration to the Immaculate along the lines traced by St. Francis of Assisi and St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe is so crucial to the Church in her present moment. "

"Q: Father De Fiores says that “the title Coredemptrix has not been used since Pius XII and the Pontiffs do not mention it precisely so as not to cause a misunderstanding with the Protestants”. How do you respond to that? "

Msgr. Calkins: The first draft of the document that would eventually become chapter 8 of Lumen Gentium explicitly acknowledged the legitimacy of the term Coredemptrix as applied to Our Lady, but refrained from using it so as not to cause undue problems with our Protestant brothers and sisters. I believe that we are free to debate the wisdom of such an approach. The fact is that chapter 8 of Lumen Gentium (especially 57-58 and 60-62) gave more attention to Mary’s altogether unique collaboration in the work of our redemption than all of the other ecumenical councils combined, even though the word Coredemptrix was not used!
    But a further clarification is also in order: Pope John Paul II has spoken of Our Lady as Coredemptrix or of her coredemptive role at least six times. I have most recently documented these in my article, “The Mystery of Mary Coredemptrix in the Papal Magisterium” in Mark Miravalle (ed.), Mary Co-redemptrix: Doctrinal Issues Today (Goleta, CA: Queenship Publishing, 2002) and have analyzed the weightiest of these texts, the Pope’s homily in Guayaquil, Ecuador of 31 January 1985, in my article “Pope John Paul II’s Ordinary Magisterium on Marian Coredemption: Consistent Teaching and More Recent Perspectives” in Mary at the Foot of the Cross – II (New Bedford, MA: Academy of the Immaculate, 2002). Although there are some mariologists who want to label all of these usages as “marginal therefore devoid of doctrinal weight”, I beg to differ with them and find their judgment strangely out of harmony with the declaration of Lumen Gentium 25 on the Pope’s ordinary magisterium. "

Monsignor Arthur B. Calkins is a native of Erie, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. and was ordained a priest on 7 May 1970 for the Archdiocese of New Orleans where he served in various parishes as parochial vicar and was involved in other pastoral activities. He has a master\'s degree in theology from the Catholic University of America, a licentiate in sacred theology with specialization in Mariology from the International Marian Research Institute in Dayton and a doctorate which he earned summa cum laude in the same field from the Pontifical Theological Faculty of St. Bonaventure (the Seraphicum) in Rome. His doctoral study, Totus Tuus: John Paul II\'s Program of Marian Consecration and Entrustment (New Bedford, MA: Academy of the Immaculate Studies and Texts, No. 1), has gone into three printings. His articles on Mariology and spirituality have appeared in both popular and scholarly publications as well as in the acts of congresses and symposia. The list of his publications may be found at
    http://www.christendom-awake.org/pages/calkins/calkinsbib.html.
    He was named a corresponding member of the Pontifical International Marian Academy in 1985 and a corresponding member of the Pontifical Roman Theological Academy in 1995. He has been an official of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei since 1991 and was named a Chaplain of His Holiness with the title of Monsignor in 1997.

The above evidence, directly from approved Catholic sources, demonstrates that the late pope was a champion of Mariolatry, which is idolatry at its worst and which thing God hates.

In HIS service;
    Jim

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

This post accomplishes what?

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

It removes the "Emperer's clothes".

Why do ye not yet believe?

Bacause I have spoken the truth you dismiss it as something evil?

In HIS service;
    Jim

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

"Ye?" Honestly.

It has nothing to do with what I believe or do not believe. It has to do with preaching to the choir and further dividing the body of Christ.

But hey, don't let me stop ya...

5. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

av1611jim,

You really shouldn't base your assumptions off your cut & paste articles.

To truly understand Mary's role, you must realize that she is the model of faith. See the Gospels for the account of the Annunciation.

Mary always points others to follow Christ and "Do whatever He commands you." (see the miracle at Cana.)

IF you really want to learn how the Church views Mary, why don't you read "Mary Christ's Mother and Ours" by Oscar Lukefahr, C.M.

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Why don't you read the pope's words? Here they are for you.

APOSTOLIC LETTER
    ROSARIUM VIRGINIS MARIAE
    OF THE SUPREME PONTIFF
    JOHN PAUL II
    TO THE BISHOPS, CLERGY
    AND FAITHFUL
    ON THE MOST HOLY ROSARY

May this appeal of mine not go unheard! At the start of the twenty-fifth year of my Pontificate, I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary. I willingly make my own the touching words with which he concluded his well-known Supplication to the Queen of the Holy Rosary: “O Blessed Rosary of Mary, sweet chain which unites us to God, bond of love which unites us to the angels, tower of salvation against the assaults of Hell, safe port in our universal shipwreck, we will never abandon you. You will be our comfort in the hour of death: yours our final kiss as life ebbs away. And the last word from our lips will be your sweet name, O Queen of the Rosary of Pompei, O dearest Mother, O Refuge of Sinners, O Sovereign Consoler of the Afflicted. May you be everywhere blessed, today and always, on earth and in heaven”.
    From the Vatican, on the 16th day of October in the year 2002, the beginning of the twenty- fifth year of my Pontificate.
    JOHN PAUL II

In CHRIST'S service;
    Jim