1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selective Service For Women

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Bartimaeus, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

From the scriptural position of "Be ye holy, for I am holy" and "I beseech ye therefor brethern by the mercies of Christ that ye present your bodies as living sacrifices...."

1) What would your position be scripturally if the Selective Service program was more broad in it's scope to include all of our young ladies at eighteen? Scriptural refs please.
    2) Do you believe your pastor would have anything to say pro/con from the pulpit to the congregation on this issue?
    3) If you are a pastor, would you have a response to your congregation from the pulpit? If yes or no please list scriptural refs.

Thanks --------Bart

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Titus 2

He would have a LOT to say on the 'con' side.

[​IMG]
    §ue

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Ditto Sue! Titus 2 says it well.

Our pastor would firmly preach against this!

Diane

4. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

1) What would your position be scripturally if the Selective Service program was more broad in it's scope to include all of our young ladies at eighteen? Scriptural refs please.
    2) Do you believe your pastor would have anything to say pro/con from the pulpit to the congregation on this issue?
    3) If you are a pastor, would you have a response to your congregation from the pulpit? If yes or no please list scriptural refs.

1) I am against it. Titus 2:5

2)He has and he would and he would take it to the streets.

3)See # 1