1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Self Righteous Christians, What to do?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by baptistcross, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Answering peoples post when they specifically QUESTION me isn't attacking.

Just because I had an answer for yours and others questions doesn't qualify as attacking.

Why are you being so mean to me ? I did nothing to you. You are attacking me right now. Do you not see your own sin. Matt 7

I always responded to the MESSAGE not the MESSENGER unless they attack my person first.

If I am wrong please show me...if not leave me alone and find another victim.

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Edifying means respecting others view points...

No, edifying means providing morally useful knowledge or information, although it is wise to be respectful of others. I think a big issue is how "we" provide such knowledge and information. First of all it must be done in love. Secondly, "we" are to provide the information, not force someone to accept the information, especially considering morality and interpretation of scripture is subjective.

(BTW, I am not referring to any particular person, as I did not even participate in the above mentioned thread, and only read a few of the posts)

3. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Liberal jargin...I am forcing people now to believe what I believe....I didn't know I had so much POWER. well thanks for the compliment [​IMG]

Unless you can show me something specific since you must have something in mind since you are replying to me...if not deal with the original poster who has quit a few post edited and removed and I have yet to have ONE...so I must not be doing anything wrong.

This is a DEBATE board....DEBATE or ignore it. If you don't like something don't read it...and don't respond. You can't back up what you believe with scripture or facts....don't get upset when someone else CAN.

No one is " Forcing " you to do anything !!!

Sounds like you are forcing me to believe what you just said.

4. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

EDIFY

ED'IFY, v.t. L. oedifico; oedes, a house, and facio, to make.

1. To build, in a literal sense.

2. To instruct and improve the mind in knowledge generally,and particularly in moral and religious knowledge, in faith and holiness.

Edify one another. 1 Thess.5.

3. To teach or persuade.

Definition from Webster's American Dictionary of the English

5. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Glory-To-God,

Being mean to you? Attacking you?? lol I don't think so. No, I was just trying to give you some helpful advice.

I just received your not very nice PM's, it sounds just like the messages I received from a Roguelet. Are you her?
    I will not respond to your long rambling and nasty PM's.

6. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Glory-To-God,

:confused:

I have no idea what you are talking about. I never claimed you tried to force me or anyone to do anything, please calm down. I used a part of your definition of edify to make a general post. I tried to clarify that by stating at the end of the post that I was NOT referring to anyone in particular.

As far as debating I have no problems debating anything, and I do not think my post was off topic from the original OP. Please clarify what you meant, because I think we are misunderstanding each other.

As far as my mindset when I made the post I was actually thinking of a debate I had recently with paidagogos in the Baptist colleges forum. We had an interesting discussion of moral absolutes.

discussion I'm referring to starts on page 6

I am sorry if I offended you, as it was not done purposefully.

7. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Rachel....Yeah helpful advice when you do it...attacking and coming across wrong when I do it.

I would be happy to share my pms with every on this board if you want ? they are private...or didn't you know that ? There was nothing wrong with what I wrote you so don't try and make it sound like there was.

I did say I would report you to the moderators if you keep attacking me is that what you mean. Now you are acusing me of mean pms when they were not. I called you a troublmaker and you are just proving right now how right I was.

So you think I am someone else is that what this all about ? Now it all makes sense !

8. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Sorry Filmproducer but the way Rachel and the op is attacking me due to a thread I started....is making me a bit paranoid. As you can see I am being treated very unfairly. Think I will report Rachel to the mods right now....this is rediculous :(

9. Brice

Brice New Member

Glory,

I urge you to please read your post's. You would see that although you may not mean it, they come across with judgement and anger. I read many of your post's in another forum and YOU were attacking. I would be more then happy to post these comments if you would like. I think it would be good to proof-read your post's to see if they are coming across in a judgemental manner. It seems that you have a good motive behind your post's, but online things can come across in a different manner. Please consider what I am saying and God bless.

10. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Glory,

I have not had time to review all the posts in this thread to determine who is doing the attacking (if any). However, I noticed that you made the following statement in a previous post:

You are correct in that we should always debate the issue and not attack the person espousing the issue. However, if someone does attack you it does not give you license to attack back at them. If you feel you have been wrongly attacked attacked simply click on the "Report Post" icon on the bottom of the offensive post and detail a message to the moderators explaining how you believe you have been attacked. Then give us time to address the issue (we are not always on-line reading every post).

Sincerely,

Bible-Boy,
    Forum Moderator

11. Petrel

Petrel New Member

You're right, there is an uncanny resemblance, although I don't think they are the same person. To my knowledge Roguelet just left and was not banned, so she would have no reason to come back under a different name. It sounds like we have had similar experiences with both!

12. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Roguelet says she was banned. She says she was accused of being another person that had already been banned based on her writing style. She says it was a misunderstanding and she had never been banned under another name, but she was banned anyway.

13. Petrel

Petrel New Member

File that under "Things that make you go, 'Hmm. . .'"

14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Roguelet was banned for giving false information on her profile and because she was RightFromWrong who was also banned (even though she continues to say it wasn't her).

She has vowed to keep coming back under different names and false information.

Bible-boy: Check the mod forum. This poster is being investigated and you may want to close this thread until the investigation is completed (or move it to the mod forum so the adms. and mods can see the attacks for themselves).

Thanks,
    §ue

[ November 16, 2005, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Barnabas J. Halo ]

15. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I do think Roguelet is Glory-to-God. They both have the same pit bull attitude, both use crammed-together ellipses (...), both use CAPITALS TO EMPHASIZE, both put a space before a question mark, both feel people are cruelly attacking them :( , and both sent PMs. And both are on my Ignore list. :D
    (edited upon request)

[ November 17, 2005, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: DHK ]