1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selling Tapes

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by USN2Pulpit, Jan 14, 2005.

1. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Pastors, what (if any) are your objections to an evangelist selling tapes or resources after church?

My position: I'm in a very traditional/conservative church that has historically rejected the practice, yet I know the coming evangelist needs to house, feed, and clothe his family. Can you offer any solutions?

2. pastorjeff

pastorjeff New Member

Do the people have a problem with paying for the services of their Pastor? It's all perspective. Most Evangelists are not in the tape selling business to make money. They get very little for what went into making the tape. They are trying to help Christians grow and spresd the gosple. Maybe our people don't know this. Maybe our people have misapplied portions of Scripture that cause them to feel this is wrong. The best place to start might be the leadership discussing this with you first. If they are ok with it, then most of the objection will disappear.

3. steveo

steveo New Member

We let evangelist sell tapes since this is part of his income, and I see no problem with it.
    We let them set up in the hall not the sanctuary out of reverence.
    1 Tim 5:17,18 says elders are worthy of double honor and the laborer is worthy of his wages.
    The key is if it is in the realm of ministry.
    I wouldn't let amway in to sell or insurance sales or any of the sort.
    Steve

4. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

We do the same as Steveo. We let them set up in the Foyer.